Job Title: Quality Engineer - Electrical/Electronic
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Requirements: Degree qualified or HND/HNC qualified in an electrical/electronics engineering discipline. Electrical is preferred
A leading design and manufacturer of UV products are looking to partner with an experienced Quality Engineer who specialises within electrical or electronic products. The purpose of this Quality Engineer will be to identify the root cause of concerns and implement corrective and preventive actions.
We are looking for someone who is a hands on, practical problem-solver who will be able to deal firmly, but amicably, with suppliers to ensure that the quality of their products is continuously improved and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner and without cost.
You can expect your day to day to look like;
- To be actively involved in the day-to-day production/test & despatch activities in production the GEW factory, working to resolve quality issues and prevent their recurrence.
- Problem solve shop floor level manufacturing issues, liaising with other GEW staff and our suppliers to identify the cause of the non-conformity and appropriate actions to prevent a recurrence.
- Work with our design and manufacturing teams to identify and implement changes to our products to improve quality, process throughput and reduce costs.
- As required, develop control plans and build instructions to assist the transition between design and manufacture.
- Assess new or changed components to ensure acceptable performance as part of the new production part approval process.
Beneficial Qualifications / Skills
- Degree qualified in an electrical/electronics engineering discipline. Electrical is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office.
- Experience of an MRP / ERP system (preferably Dynamics 365).
- Background in Quality Assurance and product inspection methods.
- Six sigma green belt.
- Design software experience (AutoCAD, Inventor, AutoDesk Inventor)
- Experienced in application of formal quality methodologies and, preferably, formally trained in use of quality standards such as ISO9001
- Please ensure that you have read the requirements section before applying.
Lara Redman - Orion Electrotech -