Design Engineer required for my client based near to Crawley.
The successful design engineer will be reporting to the Design Engineering Manager and helping with the day to day design projects and requirements within the company, with the engineering team.
Design Engineer Position Overview
- Mechanical design for the integration of a full range of UV drying equipment and other products, using CAD programmes.
- Compiling parts lists and maintaining drawing records following the strict technical office procedures without deviation.
- To offer a practical approach - working with our team of assembly and test technicians as required.
- To offer creative thinking within cost and time restraints.
- The ability to work on several projects simultaneously meeting tight deadlines.
- Respond quickly to internal and external customer requests.
- Maintain a well-organised working area.
- Visits to customers' sites both in the UK and overseas as necessary to gain engineering information.
- Ability to explain the integration of our systems clearly to our customers whilst on site.
- Liaising with customers to ensure adequate flow of information for orders acknowledged, service requirements related to problems, and any other issues as requested.
- To provide practical and cost-effective solutions to design change and modification for individual order requirements.
- To offer a forward thinking and self-motivated approach to all duties you perform.
- Record information in a logical manner.
- Controlling the issue level on BOMs within Navision (MRP) software, ensuring these follow the agreed descriptor control procedures and methodology accordingly.
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain quotations using detailed drawings released within the Vault (Engineering Data Management System).
- Provision of technical support to customers and internal sales/service departments. This may be by telephone, fax, e-mail, and, where required, hands on in the factory or on site in the UK/worldwide.
Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Mechanical Engineering degree (must be BEng or MEng - Mechanical based rather than BSc Product Design / Manufacturing Design etc.)
- Experience of a Design Software (e.g. 2D: AutoCAD, 3D: Inventor, Solid Works, Catia or equivalent) (companies operational CAD system is Inventor Suite 2021- with 3D: Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD Mechanical desk top (for older 2D drawings)
- Experience working in a design role (with 8-10yrs' design experience) in an industrial environment.
- Recent experience of design engineering work (not just reverse engineering or project management)
- Machinery design (e.g. conveyor systems, bearing, linkages, mechanisms, packaging machinery or other 3-phase machinery)
- Provide practical, creative, and cost-effective solutions to design change / modification
- Multi-task with simultaneous projects meeting tight cost and time restraints (often a week or less)
- Must speak clear, fluent English (written and verbal)
- Must be free to travel worldwide with no restrictions
Advantageous Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience with Autodesk Vault v2015 onwards
- Relevant design experience with sheet metal work / electro/mechanical machinery / special purpose machinery for mechanical handling processes (welding / pick & place machinery / manufacturing line machinery / bakery machines etc)
- Interest in mechanical / engineering hobbies (e.g. building models, vehicle maintenance, serious home improvements…)
- Foreign language ability
Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Basic annual salary: £43,000 - £45,000
- Monday to Friday: 08:45 - 17:15
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays). After long service this increases further.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed
- Pension - upon joining the company
- Life Assurance, after qualifying probationary period
- Private health and increased pension contributions after further qualifying period.
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.