Assistant Retail Store Manager
Location: Bath, Somerset, BA2 4AX
Salary: £19,500 - 20,000 per annum, DOE + plus Monthly Performance Sales Incentive Scheme
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Five days out of seven, including weekends on a rota basis
With over 165 years heritage, the Orvis brand origins lie in offering high quality product and encompass inspiring the world to love the adventure and wonder in nature. Taking inspiration from these roots, we commit to high quality apparel which is timeless and functional but incorporates cutting edge technology, style and comfort. We present our customers with Men’s and Women’s apparel, market leading Fly-Fishing gear, and built for purpose Dog products.
Orvis gives 5% of their pre-tax profits to protecting the environment, and has funded eco and wildlife protection projects since the late 1800’s. We protect what we love.
We work year-round with local and national charities, and this year we are supporting and fundraising for Pets As Therapy and The Mayfly Project to enable them to provide support to those that need it most. In 2020 we signed the Angling for All pledge, committing inclusivity and breaking down barriers in fly fishing and the outdoor world.
Assistant Retail Store Manager - The Role:
We are seeking a people focussed Assistant Manager for our store on the historic Pulteney Bridge in Bath, Somerset. One of Orvis’ top performing stores, the Bath store is centrally located and has been a recognisable feature on the high street for the past 21 years. We are proud to offer premium customer service and create exceptional customer experiences on a day-to-day basis.
The primary role is to support the Store Manager in the operational running of the store and to have the ability to successfully cover managerial responsibilities in their absence, with a proven ability to coach and encourage the team to exceed expectations on a daily basis.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
• Supporting the team in building, developing and maintaining exceptional customer experiences through a consistent culture of coaching.
• Streamlining and maintaining omni-channel service opportunities
• Creating and delivering a first-class shopping experience by finding ways to delight and inspire our customers while helping them with their retail purchases.
• Maintaining impeccable visual merchandising standards throughout the store that reflect the direction of the brand.
• Assisting with organisation and running of in-store marketing, social media, and events to drive brand recognition, engagement, and sales.
• Reading and reacting to sales reports and trends.
• Managing shop floor stock levels, processing new product delivery, and responding to low stock levels
• Supporting the manager to ensure the store has appropriate staff cover, producing and maintaining schedules and time-sheets.
• Assisting and supporting other Orvis retail stores when management cover is required, as part of ongoing development.
Assistant Retail Store Manager - Candidate Specification:
• Previous experience at Supervisor level or above is essential, including developing and leading a team in a commercial, people focussed, sales environment.
• Eager to develop and a willingness to learn in a store with a strong culture of coaching.
• A confident, highly motivated and consistently organised Manager with natural warmth in their approach to both customers and the team, and ability to have fun.
• A keen passion for what we do at Orvis and enthusiasm for the products, with enthusiasm to learn more about each department and product.
• Ability to prioritise, delegate and multi-task whilst maintaining an outstanding level of customer service.
Assistant Retail Store Manager - Benefits:
• Up to 60% staff discount
• Three times annual salary life assurance
• 3 days holiday
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Use of Orvis’ fishing beats in Hampshire
• Onboarding and ongoing training
• Manager in Training Programme
• Subsidised travel with Bath BID
• Sales Incentive Bonuses
• Annual recognition awards
Experience of the following, an advantage: Store supervisor, Retail Shop Manager, Concession manager, Clothing, Footwear, Outdoor clothing, Exploration apparel
Orvis is committed to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion - we are actively creating positive change and challenging the way we think.
Please apply with your CV along with a cover letter detailing why you would make the perfect candidate.
No Agencies please.