Quality Test Controller - Covenrty based paying £40,000.
To utilise the Company's processes and systems to ensure effective Quality control within the manufacturing facility.
This will include working as part of a team and is primarily office / Factory floor based although occasional travel to supplier or customer sites may be required.
Testing / Validation on new and existing products will be required keep up to date with the relevant test standards. Keeping up to date and accurate test reports for internal and customer use.
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute positively and proactively to the overall team.
- Working to Health and Safety regulations.
- Taking responsibility for understanding and resolving customer non-conformance, internal and supplier rejects.
- Making recommendations for and leading on continuous improvement activities for both product Quality and the processes employed. Focus on reducing Quality costs by preventative actions, diligence and process development.
- Ensure that Quality promote expected standards and train the standards, expectations where this is needed and required.
- Create and present monthly reports to the Management team for ALL Quality concerns, counter measures, process failures and cost related Quality concerns.
- Take a lead role in assisting Technical Services with the identification and effective communication of quality and process requirements for existing and new products, to ensure Design for Manufacture (DFM) / Design for Assembly (DFA) is adopted.
- To manage all aspects of Quality and Process Control to minimise the occurrence of defective products. Manage process audits across the Production area to ensure process adherence is captured.
- To effectively investigate & manage non-conforming product either from Customer Non-Conformance, the manufacturing process or our suppliers ensuring timely corrective and preventive actions are taken, followed-up and closed out in accordance with ISO9001 standard.
- Instrumental in the Supplier Evaluation function liaising with the Materials Manager to ensure that the approved supplier database is maintained, and records of Supplier Performance are up to date.
- Control and maintain the calibration function ensuring that all appropriate equipment is calibrated / tested and maintained to national standards.
- Support the maintenance and administration of the Company's QMS Procedures and supporting documentation on the Intranet.
- Complete Goods Inward inspection in line with the 10% required checks. Conduct routine inspection and testing on key parts or products and maintain the appropriate records and test samples.
- Initial sample inspection (ISIR) - Marking out and check the specifications and dimensions against drawings and create ISIR reports to be submitted to the Technical Department for approval.
- Customer Returns, Inspecting and processing customer returns. Maintain the returns log to ensure all data is captured and stored correctly.
- Production Inspections, Complete inspections within all Production areas to ensure that processes are being checked by the Senior Ops/Section Leaders.
- Complete the process failure tracker and KPI to ensure that counter measures are continued to be used.
- Look at POKE YOKE across the business and work with Section Leaders to have these implemented.
- Undertake special projects as directed by the Operations Manager
- Conduct investigations into product or manufacturing performance issues as necessary.
- Maintain all test equipment.
- Carry out testing/validation on new and existing products in line with the relevant standards.
- Work closely with customer to understand their testing needs. Write test reports and distribute them appropriately.
- Carry out site visits as necessary to investigate customer / quality issues.
- An engineering qualification to Level 6 or above, or equivalent.
- Significant relevant experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- A practical and logical approach to problem solving with knowledge on 5Y/8D
- Practical experience in process improvement methodologies and the implementation of process improvements.
- Experience of sourcing production machinery/tooling/jigs and fixtures
- Experience of working within ISO9000:2000 environment or similar
- Experience within an Assembly and/or Machining environment (CNC/VMC).
- Experience of interfacing directly with customers and suppliers at all levels.
- Quality experience and a proven track record of completing Quality concerns.
- Previous implementation of expected Quality checks and inspections that the Quality department and business require.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Understanding of engineering methodology
- Excellent communicator - telephone / Email / face to face meetings
- Good project management skills.
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency.
- Good administrator with sound organizational skills.
- Experience in testing windows and window hardware.
- Full clean UK driving license