An exciting opportunity to join the Digital Marketing team, responsible for creating engaging content and growing audiences. You will develop inspiring content, from ideation to creation, supporting new channels for home enthusiasts to engage with ScS. Working closely with CRM and SEO, this is an exciting role, capable of delivering huge customer experience benefits as we revolutionise the homeware shopping journey.
ScS is excited to announce its new Digital Hub situated within our Coventry store allowing us to fully immerse ourselves in the shopping journey, both with our in store experts and customers. We will be focussed on building truly omnichannel experiences through improving our current proposition and revolutionising the homewares shopping journeys.
The Digital Hub will hold a wide range of opportunities for new and existing talent across digital marketing, ecommerce, UX and product.
Join us to become part of our digital journey.
- Support the Social and Content Manager in delivering the content strategy, creating inspiring and engaging content to be utilised across channels, including search engines, social, email, earned media and paid, to build engaged and growing audiences.
- Create our content calendar and manage the day-to-day content lifecycle: ideation, briefing, creation, approval, publication, distribution and performance reporting.
- In partnership with SEO, drive organic growth with rich written and video content, assisting and educating customers, and taking ownership of the backlinking strategy to drive website traffic
- In partnership with eCRM, deliver content to drive growth throughout the acquisition funnel.
- Support in the development and implementation of the new PR function, identifying opportunities for outreach and being the day-to-day contact with external parties.
- Be the day-to-day champion of our content and work collaboratively with agencies/external partners and internal teams to develop content that helps us to reach our business goals.
- Establish robust governance processes and guidelines to ensure quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Regular publishing of content via our CMS and recommending platform improvements to optimise UX.
- Project support for content enhancement initiatives, understanding customer friction points and recommending where content can provide solutions.
- Using performance measurement at a campaign and customer level to drive continuous improvement.
- Be instrumental in delivering content KPIs to support business objectives.
- Support the Social and Content Manager in taking the wider business on the Digital journey, ensuring stakeholders understand the content landscape and the role it plays for ScS.
Knowledge and abilities
- A passion for content creation and performance
- Strong writing skills including grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Sound working knowledge of SEO
- A creative problem-solver who is driven by results
- Confident in communicating and presenting plans
- A passion to deliver excellent customer service
- Understanding of the wider digital marketing landscape
- Able to build excellent working relationships with teams both in-person and remote
- Process-driven, with the ability to prioritise workload and output
Experience & qualifications
- Proven experience with 3+ years as Senior/Content Executive, ideally within retail
- Demonstrable background of high volume content production, from ideation through to publishing and performance reporting
- Experience of using content to optimise the customer journey
- Experience of creating robust content publishing processes and establishing quality standards
- Experience of establishing excellent working relationships with content creators, including Copywriters and Videographers.
- Experience of working in a high performing, fast-paced team
- Competitive salary
- Generous Staff Discounts on our beautiful Sofa, Carpets & Furniture range
- Terrific discounts from major High Street retailers and holiday companies, gym membership discounts and much more.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Long service annual leave benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share incentive plan (S.I.P)
- Career Progression
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Join us on the journey and get in touch today!