Empowering Learning is currently looking for a swimming instructor to work with SEND children. The role is a long-term position starting ASAP. with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate. As a swimming instructor you will be doing the following:
- Ensuring school rules are adhered to and health and safety measures are followed.
- Spending five days per week working with the swimming teacher providing support in the pool.
- Working with students from the ages of 2-19 with SEND learning difficulties
- Offering support and empathy to children requiring assistance
- Communicating effectively with teachers/children about any concerns or issues
- Risk assessing the environment and responding accordingly
- Observing behaviour, intervening and addressing when necessary, reporting any safeguarding issues through the correct channels
This is an opportunity to join a stable school and develop the progress of pupils. You will be a part of a friendly, and inclusive school with high expectations for every student. The school works in close partnership with parents, carers and families to do the best for their children and community.
Swimming instructor -Job Responsibilities
- Make sure that the pupils you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the swimmings lessons.
- Support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues when required
- Ensuring the children are supervised on a constant basis during school hours
- Help the child to learn and engage during swimming lessons.
What's in it for you as a swimming instructor
- £80 per day depending on experience
- Rewarding role
- The chance to work within a dynamic and forward-thinking school
- ASAP start
- Leatherhead location
Swimming Instructor Job Requirements
- Legal right to work in the UK
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, or overseas Police clearances (if applicable)
- Primary Education experience
Here at Empowering Learning, we don't only offer excellent rates of pay and the opportunity to work with a consultant with the experience and ability to find you the perfect next career move.
For more information or to apply for this role, please send your CV to this advert