Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The Day Job
SSCL requires a Process Assistant to Join Our SSCL Police Sector!
The Process Assistant will be responsible for performing transactional Purchase to Pay Activities which will include creating and amending AP Supplier records, conversion of Requisitions into Purchase Orders, inputting and processing purchase ledger invoices, creating payment runs, statements and housekeeping activities for SSCL police clients. In addition to this, the role will involve the monitoring and resolution of queries from both suppliers and the client.
- Carry out a range of defined core administrative, operational and/or technical activities within the P2P team involving working independently whilst reacting to changing circumstances.
- Responding to routine queries, issues or circumstances.
- Refer any unusual or non-routine situations to other teams or individuals
- Ensure day to day service delivery and achievement of all Purchase to Pay SLA and KPI’s by monitoring workloads and raising issues that could affect delivery targets the Management Team
- Understand the boundaries of SSCL service delivery to the client and where issues arise that are within SSCL’s remit, take ownership and seek to overcome them
- Promote positivity and commitment to achieving service delivery across P2P. Understand agreed PSOP service level agreements (SLA) and strive to meet them by achieving daily targets
- To receive and route incoming and outgoing internal and external mail along with maintaining records and filing systems
- To collate and issue documentation as required
- To take messages, deal with enquiries/provide support via email and phone and resolve or raise as necessary
- To assist in the production of weekly and monthly project control information
- To assist in the production of standard management information and month end reports as required
- Core Oracle
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines with support where required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Articulate and able to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Experience of working within a Finance administration environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the organisation and its departments
- Knowledge and understanding of the processes, systems and operations of the department in which the role is located
- Knowledge and understanding of iProcurement
Fixed Term Contract - 6 months
Security Clearance Level NPPV1
Internal Recruiter Rosie
Salary £19,000 per annum
25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund