Our Public sector client are looking for a temporary worker to join their team as a fines officer. The contract is temporary until March 2022, with a chance of extension. The pay rate is £9.78 per hour.
This is a full time position, working Monday - Friday.
The key purpose of the role
Administrative Officers are assigned to teams to carry out a variety of general administrative duties to progress cases through the court/tribunal system or provide support to other functions within HMCTS. As an Administrative Officer working in the NCES, your role will include general administrative duties and will require you to sometimes deal with difficult customers and situations.
Administrative Officers work within a team with regular management support and are responsible for their own time, although there may be some opportunity to provide advice and carry out limited supervision of others.
Working as part of a flexible team, the post holder will be expected to undertake a range of the functions and responsibilities specified.
- Preparing papers and files for court.
- Collection of financial impositions imposed by the court.
- Enforcement of financial impositions using designated Fines Officer Powers.
- General photocopying and filing.
- Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
- Post opening and dispatch.
- Booking, preparing and organising meeting rooms, supporting training courses and other group activities.
- Preparing meeting agenda, joining instructions, handouts etc.
- Standard letters and correspondence, minutes, notes, reports, submissions etc, according to guidelines and instructions.
- Taking phone calls from defendants.
- Conducting Means Interviews with defendants over the phone.
- Assisting at Enforcement Courts and hearings, ensuring papers and materials are available and up to date.
- Contacting relevant parties, scheduling, serving court documents, executing a range of warrants, collecting fines and fees etc.
- To work as a team to ensure TIB (Team Information Board) meetings are relevant, timely and productive.
- To work as a team to problem solve, to assess the impact of new SOPS, to contribute to small projects.
- Including standard documentation and information, court orders, claims, fines, fees, maintenance and fixed penalty tickets.
- Resulting courts accurately, interpreting accurately the information required on a court file.
- To work to workload targets in terms of throughput and accuracy.
Checking and verifying
- Documents, records, accounts, claims and returns for approval, results, statistics, plans etc. against criteria, regulations or procedures.
- Ensuring compliance and administration documentation meet quality standards.
- Role holders may be required to cross check and validate work completed by colleagues.
Collecting and assembling information
- For returns, results, accounts, statements, warrants, statistical analysis, reports etc.
- Work may require interpretation of source materials, preparation of files, obtaining updates.
- Role holders will need to modify and adjust information and make decisions to allow work to be completed.
- Role holders will need to collect and assemble information to prepare for and run the daily TIB meeting, as required.
- Produce basic statistical analysis reports and where required, process financial information.
- Checking the work of others, updating records, assessing the value of goods and/or property, reconciling accounts, preparing invoices, information gathering and running straightforward reports.
- Communicate and work with Enforcement Delivery Managers, Judiciary, Magistracy, Cluster Staff, and other internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers to collect information, check facts, communicate or enforce judicial decisions, give advice on the completion of forms or court procedures etc and provide excellent customer service.
- To deliver a helpful, prompt, polite and "right first time" service to our internal and external customers.
If this is something you would be interested in please apply for more information.