Following sustained growth and investment we are now looking to recruit a hand on, forward thinking and accomplished production manager to manage the Round Timber mill and associated functions. This role will suit someone with strong man management skills and conversant with reporting on key measurement data overseeing the day-to-day activities and maximising plant efficiency.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Day to Day Management and Safe Operation of the Round Timber Manufacturing Plant.
- Driving throughput measures and ensuring all reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring ALL SSOW are followed.
- Ensuring ALL mandatory PPE is worn.
- Ensure key inbound raw timber checks are completed.
- Oversee weekly inventory counts are completed on Raw Timber.
- Ensuring ALL mandatory daily machine inspections are completed.
- Supervision of sub-contractors not covered by Maintenance.
- Support Maintenance to aid delivery of key PPM schedules.
- Support and coach the Manufacturing Team in delivering the required daily work tasks to achieve maximised equipment uptime and productivity.
- Ensure all support processes including Production Dashboard, Production Planning, Daily Performance Documentation, Quality Control, Raw Material and Purchase Order management are maintained and delivered to the required standards.
- Working with the site Compliance Officer ensure all Health and Safety documentation is completed in line with policy and legislation.
- Working with the Operations Manager and Compliance Officer in ensuring all Health and Safety audit actions are prioritised and completed.
- Report as required any Health and Safety issues through the appropriate communication channels.
- Ensure ALL areas of responsibility are maintained to the highest 5S standards.
- Actively participate in and support process improvement initiatives including Manufacturing, Quality, ISO, Operator Development, Health and Safety and Operational Management.
- Carry out as required Tool Box talks.
- Manage all disciplinary and performance personnel scenarios within the mill environment.
- Assist the Operations Manager in maintaining ALL mandatory Training Qualifications relating to the specific job role including subordinates.
- Attend as required Training courses identified to enhance own job role.
Skills/Qualifications & Attributes:
- Experience in SAGE 1000 or similar packages.
- Strong man manager and leadership skills.
- Competent use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Compile, analyse and communicate data confidently.
- Able to lead manage and develop a team.
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with meticulous attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate previous examples of key roles and responsibilities.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Thrives on working at pace in a busy environment handling multiple priorities.
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver to target timelines.
- Experience of Stock control and perpetual inventory counting.
For further information contact Karen @ Redwoodsearch.co.uk