Control Engineer required for a robotics company based in Farnborough. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be degree served in a robotics or control engineering related subject.
Control Engineer Position Overview
Designing, specifying, analysing and implementation of machine safety systems.
- Producing electrical control system designs for a variety of projects including special purpose machinery and robotic systems.
- Understanding project requirements and producing schematic diagrams, hook-up diagrams and build instructions using CAD for Production.
- Estimating material and manufacturing costs including creation of BOM's.
- Adhering to project timelines.
- Working with the internal purchasing department and external suppliers to ensure procurement of critical components.
- Contribute to risk assessment and good safety practices by maintaining an awareness of activities and reporting on potential areas of risk.
- Carry out feasibility studies for new products and technical innovations.
- Assisting in coordinating other technical team resources.
- Creation of testing, installation and commissioning procedures and analysing data.
Control Engineer Position Requirements
Dedicated professional with Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree (Bachelors/Masters preferred, or equivalent considered) with relevant experience.
- Have a solid awareness and understanding of relevant British, European and International standards and understand the implications on design.
- Experience in designing systems around industrial and collaborative robots.
- Working knowledge of different communication protocols including TCP/IP, RS232 and Fieldbus systems.
- Electronic circuit design and analysis.
- Experience in implementing common industrial control techniques including PLC's, sensors, distributed IO, servo control and some pneumatic experience.
- Design software user: SolidWorks electrical preferred.
- Hands on working experience on the shop floor/field to support the manufacturing team & R&D activities.
- Has a complete and thorough knowledge of the discipline and frequently contributes to the development of new concepts, theories and principles.
Control Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary dependent on experience
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.