The role of Data Engineer operates within the Technology Division with a focus on ensuring that software analytics products created are made with the best possible data structures and data transfer processes.
The role works in conjunction with the Data team and others to design and implement the management, monitoring, security and privacy of data using the full stack of data services, predominantly in Microsoft Azure.
Salary Range £55,000-£70,000 (dependent on experience)
Where will you be working?
What will be your key responsibilities?
• Architect, develop and deploy data architectures in Microsoft Azure
• Design and develop ETL jobs to optimised performance and cost metrics
• Collaborate with the Data team to deploy Analytics products including, where applicable, real-time data enabled applications
• Actively participate in business requirements and functional requirements meetings, identifying gaps and driving discussion around appropriate solutions
• Provide support as needed throughout all testing phases
• Create technical design documentation that clearly articulates the design being implemented
• Stay abreast of changes in the technology industry and ensure that best-in-class techniques are researched, evaluated, and recommended as appropriate, whilst maintaining and communicating a clear understanding of the cost of such approaches
• To undertake any training that may be required by the Company.
• Carrying out duties and other work as required by your line manager or other senior management. Working within the limits of authority as laid down by the Company and delegated by local management, in particular the authority to recruit staff, discipline staff and purchase goods and services.
What we’re looking for:
• Strong level knowledge and understanding of data engineering ETL tools, data processing and SQL Server Integration Services
• Demonstrable experience of working with Azure data technologies, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Blob Storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Bricks and more
• Hands-on programming experience in additional technologies, such as SQL, Python, PowerShell etc.
• Experience of working with Azure DevOps
• Ability to independently troubleshoot and performance tune large scale enterprise systems
• Relevant Azure Data Engineer certification preferred
What you can expect from us: Motivate, Develop, Reward, Repeat
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and we believe our employees should receive a competitive and flexible offer. Our people are our most valued asset and as such we give them a motivating environment to work in with opportunities to pursue their career goals and be rewarded for success.