Liverpool City Centre
Monday to Friday
I’ve partnered with a leading FMCG business based in Liverpool who are seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to support the business day to day duties and support the Payroll Manager.
The primary objectives of this role will be assist the Payroll Manager, ensuring all payrolls are processed accurately and on time, in their absence. Paying all weekly and monthly employees based at various sites in the UK, in line with HMRC compliance. Assist with development of improvements and processing procedures on a continual basis.
- Ensure all new starter and leaver details together with other permanent element changes, such as salary increases, are entered onto the payroll system for both weekly and monthly payrolls taking account of any timing differences that can affect accuracy.
- Calculate pro-rata payments for both weekly and monthly payrolls. Process any CSA, Court Orders and Attachment of Earnings.
- Convert weekly and monthly timesheets ready for loading into payroll system.
- Upload expenses information to the payroll system, ensuring accuracy and performing checks.
- Interpret absence information and amend output in order to minimise errors.
- Calculate and enter temporary changes including SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP. Send SSP1/SMP1/SPP1 when applicable. Ensure SSP records are kept up to date for long term sickness.
- Manage childcare voucher information. Assist with reconciliation on a monthly basis, resolving queries when they arise. Perform assessments on banding re:correct marginal tax rates.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 3 years’ experience of working in a payroll environment.
- CIPP membership is desirable but not essential.
- Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation.
- Previous experience of working with several different complex payrolls at the same time,
- in a fast paced environment. processing weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Strong IT skills including the use of Excel to a good standard – for e.g. Lookup tables &
- pivot tables.
- Accuracy – excellent numerical skills & attention to detail.
- Planning & organising skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team but to work autonomously too.
- Ability to use initiative to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines & prioritise.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desire to strive for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Flexipay is an advantage but not essential. Full training will be given
If you would like to be considered for this role and feel that you have the relevant skills, please apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.