My client, based in Woking, have innovation at the core of everything they do. Pioneering new technology. Breaking industry norms. Pushing the envelope in speed, performance and dynamic engineering. This approach has created cars with astounding track performance that are astonishingly easy to drive on the road.
They are now looking for a number of EOL Paint Technicians to join them on a contract basis.
These positions operate on a rotating shift basis of early and late shifts, and will require a Saturday shift every other week.
Early: 05:30 - 14:45
Late: 15:00 - 23:45
The role will work as part of a small, multi-functional team, reporting to a Production Team Leader. The role encourages involvement in improving performance for the team, in safety, quality, productivity and cost control. The role requires a flexible approach to working hours, including shifts and weekend work.
- Must have an understanding of workplace safety
- Maintain a safe working environment for yourself and other team members, participating in safety activities as requested.
- Must be able to follow written work instructions.
- Ensure that all station operations on each vehicle are completed to the required quality standard.
- Work as part of a team on the definition and solution of problems that may be affecting the quality, cost or productivity of the vehicles being processed.
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions relating to vehicle repair/finesse and final finish
- Attend the workplace on a regular and timely basis, informing the team leader of any lateness or unplanned absence in accordance with company policy
- Ensure the work area is clean, tidy and orderly at all times in line with brand expectations, continually improving using the 5S principles.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance within the workplace, using the uniform/ clothing provided.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as requested.
- Understand and adhere to the companies Values and help grow the Automotive Brand.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Practical application of paint systems
- Paint mixing to ensure the perfect colour match is achieved
- SMART repair, Small to Medium Area Repair, local 'blow-in' using an airbrush/Mini Jet
- Minor dent repair and dent removal without the need to paint, using 'cold metal' repair method
- Can carry out full vehicle stage polish process
- Can carry out a full De-hologram process
- Must be able to carry out a full vehicle detail to the highest of standards
- Can remove and refit vehicle components ensuring the correct body specifications are achieved
- Full leather repair, fill, sand, texture match and repaint.
- Basic diagnostic repair, electrical fault finding
- Must be able to train others in support of developing a highly-skilled team
- Achieve and maintain a high standard of repair within agreed times and deadlines
- Use all products economically to minimise waste and costs
- Accurately record all work carried out within the vehicle passports
- Take full ownership for the quality that is delivered through your application
- Previous Automotive Paint Spaying experience is highly desirable
- No formal qualifications are necessary; however, a foundation in engineering and/or experience within automotive or manufacturing would be a distinct advantage.
- Prior experience of working to timescales would be advantageous.
- Quality focused with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to follow processes set in place and decide the best course of repair
- The candidate must take great pride in their work and have a process-driven work ethic.
- The candidate will be quality focused, punctual, willing to learn and conscientious.
- The candidate must be extremely trustworthy and works effectively as part of a team.
- Needs to have the commitment and drive to succeed.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively within the organisation.
- Perform in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- The candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable.