Multi-Skilled Shift Technician with Mechanical Bias- up to £37,000 DOE- Woking, Surrey
Do you possess a C&G in a mechanical discipline, or recognised equivalent (i.e. NVQ)? Do you have sound electrical knowledge and experience, coupled with Health and Safety training and certification? Are you within a 45-minute commute of Woking? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking to appoint a Multi-Skilled Shift Technician with Mechanical Bias to complete Mechanical (and Electrical) PPM’s, Reactive tasks and extra works or emergencies as directed by SPIE site-based management in accordance with the contract requirements.
This is a full time, permanent position working 40 hours a week over split shifts, weekdays only (Shift 1 06:00 – 15:00) (Shift 2 08:00 – 17:00) (Shift 3 – 14:00 – 22:00) Grade TG1.
The key responsibilities of a Multi-Skilled Shift Technician with Mechanical Bias include, but are not limited to:
- To carry out PPM’s and Reactive tasks in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues, and Service desk request’s.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with Mechanical and Electrical aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the Mechanical and Electrical services aspects of the contract as required.
- Mechanical and Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the sites.
- Repair of systems and controls associated with Heating, Plumbing, Ventilation, and Refrigeration Building Services.
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of Electrical, lighting and distribution systems.
- Assist other trades as necessary, and to have the flexibility to work across disciplines when needed.
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- To ensure all equipment issued by the business such as mobile phones etc are in good condition and fully charged at the start of shift.
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they Mechanical, Electrical and AC Systems, Like for Like replacements, Project works, FM Services etc.
- This role requires will be based at Clients Main Campus (MTC) in Woking and some travel may be required to various Client’s buildings also in Woking and surrounding areas. You may also be required to travel further on occasions deemed as business critical.
The key skills and qualities of a Multi-Skilled Shift Technician with Mechanical Bias are:
- C&G in a Mechanical discipline or recognised equivalent (ie NVQ).
- Have a good Mechanical aptitude with sound Electrical knowledge.
- Health and Safety Training and Certification.
- Sound understanding of requirements under Health and Safety Legislation.
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experience in the Mechanical aspects of general building PPM schedules.
- Good knowledge of AHU’s, FCU’s, AC systems, Pumps, Motors, Pipework, Plumbing and Drainage systems, and a good awareness of Electrical safety and systems.
- A good understanding of Critical Systems and Non-Critical systems.
- Experience and knowledge of computer Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) building management systems (Concept) via handheld PDA.
- GCSE passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent.
- Some Supervisory experience for future development.
- Health and Safety Training (Desirable).
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including Mechanical and Electrical fault diagnosis and rectification (Desirable).
- Knowledge of Boilers and Gas heater operation/fault finding (Desirable).
- Good understanding and knowledge of Refrigeration systems, F Gas Regs, and holding relevant qualifications (Desirable).
- Compressed air systems/knowledge (Desirable).
- BMS (Building Management System) knowledge and operation (Desirable).
- Basic Electrical experience and knowledge (Desirable).
- Understanding of COSHH and handling of substances (Desirable).
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK’s Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.