Are you methodical, compliant and organised with a keen eye for detail and passionate about delivering a quality service?
At Babington we pride ourselves on delivering robust training programmes and are looking for a Compliance Auditor to ensure the overall compliance of the business and provide an exceptional customer experience. If you have a structured approach and would like to be an integral part of Babington’s journey of Developing Better Futures, then we want to hear from you!!
Summary of role
Responsible for ensuring that the Company is adhering to funding regulations for our diverse learning programmes. Conducting both internal and external audit of our provision, compiling reports and making recommendations where necessary, to safeguard funding claimed, reducing the risk of any financial clawback.
Brief summary of principle accountabilities
- Support the Compliance and Audit Team Manager with the company’s audit schedule and activity supporting and working with operational staff to help implement change in response to audit results and the outcomes of other inspections or self-assessment activity.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders to foster a culture of collaborative working across all functions, supporting improvement.
- Ensuring compliance through established and strengthened internal control procedures by scrutinising records, operating procedures, infrastructures and documentation through the learning cycle such as enrolment, on-programme and exit, in line with the compliance audit schedule.
- Drive and support the interpretation, implementation and communication of ESFA funding guidance across the business.
- Working on monthly PDSAT and FRM reports to identify and report on areas of risk to the wider business
- Compile and present reports concerning audit results and trends for internal groups and relevant stakeholders, making recommendations to safeguard claimed revenue.
- Ensure all documentation is stored securely in line with GDPR regulations and Babington’s policies.
- Illustrate, drive and support audit preventative and corrective measures across the Company.
- To communicate any issues or concerns to your line manager and designated Safeguarding Officer as appropriate.
Brief person specificationEssential Desirable
- Grade A-C GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent (E)
- Level 3 Business and Administration Qualification or willingness to acquire (E)
- Diploma in Risk Management, Internal Audit and Compliance (D)
Skills and experience
- Experience of working within a Funding Compliance role (E)
- Experience of auditing further education related activity (E)
- Experience using the ESFA PDSAT software (E)
- Experience of ESFA funding audits (E)
- Experience of delivering high level of service and satisfaction (E)
- Knowledge of ILR requirements (E)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team (E)
- Ability to deliver to agreed targets (E)
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office particularly the Word, Excel and Outlook (E)
- Bupa Healthcare Cash Plan
- 25 Days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Additional annual leave purchase scheme
- Employer Pension contribution
We are innovators in Education so why not apply now and join us in Developing Better Futures!