Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
We are a leading company in the manufacture of Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) making some of the world’s best loved brands like Gillette, Fairy and Pampers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an hard working and motivated Occupational Health Nurse who is keen to develop their occupational health career in-house, within a manufacturing environment. We are a promote from within company and expect those recruited to want to be developed to move up our pay reward system.
The role is an 80% FTE position with Procter and Gamble at our head office in Weybridge, Surrey.
In this role you will work in a team with the site occupational physician, health and safety team, Human Resources and management to protect and promote employee health safety and well-being. You will advise employees and managers regarding work-related health issues as well as maintain a culture of attendance and productivity. In particular:
• Develop and deliver engaging Health Awareness initiatives to the site.
• Regularly review the site absence data with HR and agreeing interventions case by case.
• Review employees who have any period exceeding 20-days sickness absence and assist in facilitating rehabilitation and return to work programmes, liaising with Legal and HR if necessary in light of the Disability Discrimination Act.
• Liaise with managers and site Occupational Health Physician in management of sickness absence cases facilitating appropriate referrals.
• Manage site Health & Safety with support from facilities and Health & Safety team.
Examples of work will include:
• You will also review pre-placement health questionnaires, conduct any relevant screening and refer to Physician if required for medical examination. Once complete issue Fitness for work certificate wherever applicable.
• Design, prepare and deliver relevant health initiates to the site (e.g. Health Checks)
• Undertake workplace assessment for individual employees in respect of workstations and ergonomics related to working practices.
• Ensure at risk employees are aware of the procedure to obtain post exposure prophylactic treatment in the event of an exposure incident. Arrange training and maintain training records.
• Assist first aiders in providing emergency care for all occupational injuries and illnesses and any acute illness developing at the workplace.
• Participate in health and safety management and coordination, including risk assessment and education programmes, i.e. ergonomics / biohazards.
• Provide Occupational Health input into other training programmes where appropriate, i.e. new Hires.
• Select, order and maintain supplies and equipment consistent with site needs to ensure adequate and appropriate supplies for OH activities are available.
What we offer you
• Responsibilities as of Day 1 - You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning
• Dynamic and respectful work environment - At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
• Continuous coaching - You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training, will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
• Benefits - You will receive a competitive salary as well as other great benefits including pension & share schemes.
What we are looking for
• Registered General Nurse on part NMC Part 1
• Have a recognised Occupational Health Qualification
• Health and Safety Qualification or interest to develop - Advantageous
• NMC Part 3 - Advantageous
Good to Know
At P&G #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking 'application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.
Experienced Professionals (Job Segmentation)