We are currently working with one of the leading suppliers of secure communication equipment in the UK, in the search for an experienced DevOps Team Lead.
You will be leading on the overall DevOps roadmap, strategy, and delivery, along with the 4 engineers in your team. The tools you will be responsible for are varied, and critical to the successfully operation of the business.
Although the infrastructure is currently on premise, you will have an interest and understanding of Cloud tech for when the time comes, with experience in CI/CD and Version Control a must.
- Developing a DevOps function that meets the requirements of the business through recruitment, performance management, structuring, coaching, motivating and leading
- Collaborating with major stakeholders to agree a clear DevOps roadmap including Development Management, Security, and IT
- Directing the team to maintain, monitor and enhance our development toolchain
- With our IT to deliver service maintenance and hardware upgrades
- Stay up to date with industry best practice in continuous integration and continuous delivery, and DevOps processes
- Prototyping new tools and techniques
- Toolchain configuring (CI/CD, version control, defect tracking tools, code analysis, automated testing)
- Investigation and resolution of service issues
- Participation in project planning and technical reviews
Desired experience includes:
- Proven leadership, stakeholder and reporting skills
- Deep understanding of software system construction
- Contributed to automation tool maintenance such as build tools, version control, CI/CD, issue management tools, code review tools, code analysis, automated test tools etc.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux machines, including server maintenance
- Able to script in some of these languages: Python, Bash, CommandShell/PowerShell, Perl
- Database administration
- Experience with virtualised environments including VMWare, Docker
- Configuration as Code (Ansible)
- Backup and disaster recovery
In return you will get a competitive salary, great culture, fantastic brand and brilliant benefits including healthcare, enhanced pension, holidays, discounted gym membership, onsite subsidised restaurant, and loads more.
For more information, please contact Ruben Davis at Pure Resourcing Solutions.