Domus are on the lookout for an experienced manager within the Health and Social Care sector to join a national Charity in Aldershot, as a Service Manager.
Based in Aldershot, Surrey, you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality and person-centred support to adults with Learning Disabilities across 5 small Supported Living locations across the area.
You will have experience of managing similar services for people with Learning Disabilities and managing staff teams.
Your role will include leading and supporting a team of dedicated staff, assessing and reviewing existing and new support contracts, attending review meetings for the people supported, monitoring goals and actions relating to the persons support needs and expectations of the Local Authority.
You will be a driver with access to a car.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Supported Living Manager or highly experienced Deputy looking for that next stage of progression. Key Responsibilities of a Service Manager:
Key requirements a Service Manager must have:
- Ensure the highest quality and standards are met in the preparation of risk assessments, support plans and person-centered plans, ensuring that outcomes are monitored, met and evidenced.
- Quality control and coach team members so that service provision delivers the
- outcomes and focuses on the aspirations that people supported have identified.
- Ensure that relevant policies and procedures are understood and applied by staff in relation to quality, safeguarding, criminal records, data protection, HR, health and safety and that the service meets CQC and Supporting People quality and compliance benchmarks.
- Ensure all relevant records in relation to people we support and employees are appropriately maintained, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure the production of weekly Rota’s is effective, provides the appropriate support hours and minimises costs, including the use of agency staff.
- Undertake and champion the performance management and development of people including coaching, regular 1 to 1s and performance reviews.
- Have, or be willing to work towards a Level 5 in Health and Social Care.
- Experience in managing similar services for people with Learning Disabilities is essential
(Supported living or residential).
- Experience in carrying out need’s assessments and transitions.
- Driver with access to a car, as you will be required to travel for work purposes and due to location of the service.
- Ability to conduct holistic needs and risk assessments with service users and devise support and risk management plans
- Ability to plan and organise the delivery of the service
- Willingness to work flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the service, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays
If you are interested in the above Service Manager vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)
- Make a genuine difference to someone's life
- Blue Light Card
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.