IT Support Engineer - SC Security Clearance, Microsoft, Cloud, Linux
Farnborough, Hampshire (Work From Home / Remote options 2 days per week)
IT Support Engineer required by a fast growing and cutting-edge design & technology company based near Farnborough, Hampshire. The IT Support Engineer will work on exciting projects utilising cutting-edge design and tech, and provide 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line across Windows Server, Azure, O365, VMware and Linux OS / platforms.
Not only will the IT Support Engineer join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design & technology company, but they will also benefit from:
- Starting salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per year
- 9am - 5pm, 35 hour working week (no weekend work)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Perkbox employee benefits system
- Professional Training & Development opportunities
- Casual dress environment
- Free hot and cold drinks
- Company events & social hours
- Secure onsite parking
- Onsite cafe and restaurant
- Onsite gym facilities
- Friendly and supportive team that will encourage growth and development
- Excellent opportunity to learn new technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, AI, Machine Learning, Kafka, NiFi etc.
A few details about the role
As an IT Support Engineer for my client, you will have a varied, exciting and challenging role, and your responsibilities will be very much project dependant. However, typical responsibilities are very likely to include:
- Maintain, improve and secure my client’s multi-classification, virtualised, collaboration and development environments.
- Work with IT infrastructure colleagues to improve my client’s 'Secure by Design’ capabilities, internally and across its projects.
- Provide Infrastructure support to my client’s public cloud SaaS offerings (Office 365) as well as project-based systems (public, private and hybrid clouds) in implementation and support lifecycles.
- Deal with 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line support queries from a geographically dispersed user community.
- Perform maintenance tasks on the infrastructure through change control.
- Assist with monitoring and management of my client’s, and project-based ticketing and alerting systems for new changes and security alerts.
- Triage monitoring alerts and perform appropriate action.
- Maintain monitoring components in line with infrastructure developments.
- Support and manage company audio/visual assets.
- Ensure all systems are patched in line with provider recommendations and my client’s security policy.
- Quickly and accurately assess impact of incidents, initiate return to service and ensure follow up actions are completed.
- Identify trends and problems and plan changes to improve stability and performance.
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge and skills in the design and build of secure public, private, and hybrid cloud and network technologies.
- Develop personal knowledge through study/research toward vocational certifications in relevant technologies/vendors.
- Advise customers and project teams on infrastructure and support aspects.
- Cascade knowledge through knowledge articles for the team and wider organisation.
- Support my client’s team in winning business.
What you will need
Unfortunately desire alone is not enough. You will also need key skills in:
- Windows Server 2016+ administration
- Azure/Microsoft O365 administration
- VMware vSphere/vCenter
- Linux (CentOS/RedHat/Ubuntu)
- End-user support (both desk-side and remotely).
- EUD provisioning, maintenance, patching and hardening
- SSO - concepts and operation
- Understanding of working in protectively marked environments
- Currently or previously security cleared to SC level, or eligible for fast track clearance.
If you feel that you are the IT Support Engineer for the role, then please apply via the link or contact me through LinkedIn, or our Richmond Square Consulting Ltd website.
Richmond Square Consulting Ltd
Alternative job titles: Infrastructure Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer
Key words: Windows, Microsoft, MS, Office 365, Cloud, Azure, Linux, VMWare, DevOps, Security Clearance, Security Cleared, SC level, Kubernetes, Docker, Apache, Kafka, NiFi, AI, Machine Learning