Our client, a global communications company within the Defence sector is requiring a Network Security Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
Role to be based out of Farnborough, Hampshire but with a high level of remote work available.
You will be a member of a small team of talented and experienced system engineers, with a multitude of specialisms designing and implementing secure network solutions for customers. You'll have a rare opportunity to learn and develop skills to apply a varied array of industry leading technologies and solutions to a diverse set of operational challenges.
You will be part of a team applying systems engineering principles to build and commission systems to support our end user requirements, pulling in subject matter experts where appropriate and using your knowledge of networking, security and user requirements to work with our engineers to test and verify the system into operational environments. You will also work with our BD and engineering teams to support system development and provide demonstrations of system solutions.
You will likely have experience of providing field service support and training for operational delivered systems. You will have worked alongside customers and third parties to ensure systems are delivered as expected, and liaised with customers and suppliers to ensure full comprehension of the integrated solution.
- Implementing secure network solutions for customers. Encompassing change preparation (interpretation and validating designs working with customers), populating configuration templates, building change, testing scripts and deployment run books based on design, configuration and deployment of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Supporting Senior engineers and consultants on larger projects. Pre-staging customer solutions within the lab, assisting on solution designs, implementations and audits.
- Developing skills network and firewall design based on sales proposals following best practices.
- Working on small projects through the full project Lifecyle from initiation, through design and deployment, to hand over to operational support.
- Contribute to the knowledge resource, developing tool sets, guides and processes to improve the effectiveness of the team.
In addition, from time to time, the role be asked undertake other tasks and responsibilities not covered above in order to achieve project or business objectives.
- Understanding of general network concepts, operation and network security (essential).
- Solid Cisco switch and router experience (essential).
- Cisco ASA, FirePOWER, CheckPoint and/or Palo Alto firewalls (at least 1 essential).
- Cisco CCNA Security; Checkpoint SA or Palo Alto ACE.
- Implementation of N&S on VMWare VSphere and VCenter.
- Cisco Wi-Fi.
- SolarWinds network monitoring.
- Experience of military and tactical networks.
- An understanding of ITIL processes and structured ways of working.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting networks.
- Customer-facing with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A professional, hard-working approach and attention to detail.
In addition, you will need to have:
- An enthusiastic nature, with a keen interest in technology and a drive to develop both in technical knowledge and its application to meet customer requirements.
- Willingness to share information, improve documentation and solutions.
- Able to meet demands for occasional out-of-hours working and overnight travel within or outside the UK.
- A willingness to support occasional military field exercises for periods of no more than two weeks.
- UK nationality with active Security Clearance or the ability to gain.
- Cisco CCNA CCNP R&S certification.