We are recruiting a Security and Customer Service Officer for our client to work within their initial accommodation hostel in Derby.
In this role, you will act as first point of contact for service users, ensuring a welcoming environment. You will ensure that the site remains safe and secure for staff, visitors and service users.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that the services are delivered in accordance with the companies standards and policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Welcoming service users and visitors to the site
- Maintain general vigilance by undertaking regular building patrols so ensuring the security of the Hostel and Service Users
- Ensure the rules of the Hostel are followed for the security of Service Users, staff and visitors
- Ensure all relevant forms and paperwork are completed
- Ensure that the reception desk is staffed at all times and visitors sign in and out of the building
- Ensure visitors are aware of the fire evacuation procedures and wear ID badges
- Ensure Service Users sign the daily register
- Monitor the CCTV to ensure the safety of staff and service users
- Monitor all visitors to site and only allow access to those who are authorised
- Ensure the main gates are kept locked except to allow access for authorised vehicles
- Operate as a Fire Marshall ensuring the safe evacuation of building
- Comply with all Data Protection legislation and Information Security Procedures
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, Health and Safety Policy and Guidelines and Out of Hour procedures
- Support to Service Users
- Deal with emergencies as they arise and contact Emergency Services as required for the safety of all in the Hostel and with due regard to personal safety at all time
- Other duties as required and a full job description is available
- We are ideally seeking someone who holds a valid SIA badge but will consider applicants with a good background to match the skills and requirements needed to work in this role
- Patience is essential and awareness of housing health and safety legislation would be advantageous
- You must be flexible in working hours to include days, nights and weekends
- It would be advantageous if you speak additional languages
- This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS and other background security checks
- A bright and enthusiastic personality with great people skills
If you feel this is the right role for you please apply today, please note you will be required to work 40 hours per week shift work.
**Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone, if you have not heard back within 5 days then please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. According to new Data Protection GDPR laws, we need to inform you that you are in applying this role sending us your personal data which we will not share without your consent and will only contact you about this role and other roles which could be of interest. Please see our website for our full privacy and data handling policies. You have the right to ask us to remove your data at any time**