Are you an experienced insurance Underwriter with a high level of technical knowledge?
Are you a proven leader and mentor who has experience managing a team of underwriters?
If you answered YES to these questions, I have the perfect career move for you....
Our client are a specialist insurance underwriting business located in the heart of Cambridgeshire. The business dates back to 1986 when it was established to provide communities with a good value, local insurance broker service using a franchise model. They remain committed to its founding values of integrity, professionalism, innovation and to providing positive outcomes for customers.
Our client are looking to add an experienced senior underwriter to manage the Huntingdon underwriting centre, whilst leading the underwriting governance and discipline.
The purpose of the role is to deliver profitable trading performance for the supporting insurers through the provision of an excellent underwriting service to the Retail partners.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the underwriting processes of the underwriting teams, improving procedures and ensuring key performance indicators are achieved.
- Lead on underwriting governance & trading, monitor the preparation of quotation packs for complex referrals to our Underwriting & Products Team & capacity providers.
- Assist the Underwriting & Products team with maintenance and development of underwriting criteria, rating, policy wordings, terms and conditions.
- Ensure all trading staff are suitably trained and develop underwriting competency levels for product knowledge
- Ensure that documentation is issued in a timely manner to agents.
- Assist the Underwriting & Products team in the development of new products and schemes
- Monitor competitor activity and ensure the firm remains competitive in terms of products and services offered
Key Skills/Competencies & Qualifications
- Ability to lead and manage an underwriting team in achieving targets and objectives.
- Account manage an underwriting account, including understanding of key performance indicators and setting priorities and action plans accordingly
- Ability to manage own business targets to achieve personal financial objectives
- Thorough knowledge of underwriting criteria, rating, terms and conditions applicable to our facilities.
- A strong general knowledge of the Insurance market and legislation requirements
- 5-7 years underwriting experience
- ACII or progression towards is preferable
- Experience as either a senior underwriter OR an underwriting manager
- PNC + MTA Delegated authority knowledge
- 37.5 hours/week
- Hybrid role with 2/3 days in the office, rest working from home
- Annual 10% company bonus
- Relocation package available for the right candidate
- Leading a team of 12 underwriters
- Other amazing company benefits
- £60,000 - £65,000 salary depending on experience
Please get in touch if you would like to know more, or apply on the link below
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.