An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineer to join our thriving UK medical manufacturing company to be part of an expanding Engineering Department within our Manufacturing team.
We are looking to recruit a Production Engineer who will be responsible for providing production engineering support on existing and new products and processes.
The successful candidate will be able to identify, implement and validate the most cost effective means of developing production processes and equipment within Intersurgical. This could either be by purchasing capital equipment or assisting with the design and building of equipment using internal resources.
They will be able to (but not restricted to)
• Assist in improving the efficiency and quality of production processes and procedures within all areas of Intersurgical manufacturing.
• Assist with the analysis of cost effective improvements to the production processes and procedures, either by utilising external or internal resource.
• Ensure that engineering projects are fully maintained, meeting all the requirements of the Intersurgical Quality System.
• Ensure that equipment is designed, built/purchased and implemented with respects to time, cost and quality whilst ensuring that full pre-production trials are done prior to accepting any new equipment into the production environment, utilising the ‘right first time’ initiative.
• Adopt and implement into production a LEAN philosophy from raw material to finished product efficiently whilst removing and limiting waste where reasonably practicable.
• Be involved in the sourcing and specification of selected assembly and test equipment as required for development projects and supply budget and ROI calculations.
• Provide strong and effective cross-functional links and communication between all departments and promote the use of best practises across all areas of Intersurgical.
• Assist in the training of staff for safe operation of the equipment installed into the production environment.
Production Engineer Requirements:
• Qualification or degree in an Engineering based discipline (or equivalent)
• Experience in managing engineering projects within budgets and timescales
• Knowledge and understanding of SPC, Six Sigma, OEE and lean systems.
• Good communication
• Able to work to deadlines
• Able to multitask and prioritise workload
• Able to make decisions and self manage
• Able to work in a team and on own initiative
• Able to function effectively across a number of interrelated departments
• Self-motivated and willing to learn
• Methodical, organised and structured approach to work
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to gather, evaluate, critically interpret and communicate information
• Able to work in a safe manner complying with Health and Safety Legislation
• Able to function in a highly regulatory environment with a focus on compliance
Intersurgical was formed in 1982 in the UK and started with a modest range of respiratory products. Since its inception, the company has continued to grow and develop and today is the respiratory care specialist in airway management, anaesthesia, critical care and oxygen & aerosol therapy.
The company was formed with seven people, producing a limited product range for the UK hospital market. Today, we employ over 3500 people, producing an extensive product range sold worldwide. We operate across five manufacturing sites and have direct sales operations in over 25 countries and a number of export offices located throughout the world supporting our network of speciality distributors.
Through a constant programme of new product and market development Intersurgical is today one of the market leaders for high quality respiratory care products for the hospital sector worldwide.
Our products are seen as easy to use, technically superior and of the highest quality. The product range is innovative and we will continue to develop and implement improvements.
Location: Head Office (Wokingham UK), Berkshire
Type: Full time, Permanent
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Project Engineer, Project Management, Engineer, Project Manager, Junior Production Engineer, CAD, Computer Aided Design, Solidworks, etc.
Ref: 103 485