Support Workers - various locations / hours available
- Residential Service (Cheadle)
- Day positions available from 32 up to 40 hours per week - £9.01 per hour (starting salary)
- Night positions available from 10 up to 40 per week (night shift is 9.30pm - 7.30am) - £9.54 per hour (starting salary)
- Community Service (Stockport and High Peak)
- Support Worker positions available from 16 - 35 hours per week - £9.01 per hour
- Fast Response Support Worker positions available up to 37 hours per week - £9.88 per hour
- Supported Living (Poynton)
- Day positions available - 20 hours per week - £10.12 per hour
- Night positions available from 10 up to 40 per week (night shift is 10pm - 8am) - £10.12 per hour
****Up to £500 sign on bonus - £250 when you start and £250 when you complete your probation period ****
Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides high quality, person centred individual and group based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives. We support disabled children, young people and adults in Stockport and surrounding areas via our Residential Service in Cheadle, Day Service in Heaton Moor, Supported Living Service in Poynton and Community Service throughout the Stockport and High Peak area.
We currently have a number of vacancies for Support Workers across our services and are looking for people who -
- Will work to provide an excellent standard of person centred care in a safe and nurturing environment
- Will support daily routines to provide structure and stability for Service Users
- Are committed to supporting our Service Users to receive an excellent standard of care and giving them the opportunity to live a full and active life.
- Have a professional and person-centred approach
- Have an understanding of the needs of and a positive attitude towards people with disabilities
- Are willing to work flexibly to cover shifts that will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written (including basic IT skills).
In return you will get -
- Double pay for bank holidays
- 30 days holiday rising to 40 days with service (inclusive of bank holidays and pro rata for part time staff).
- Induction and training programme
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £200 payable
- Opportunities for progression and development via relevant L2 and L3 qualifications
- Discounted Life Leisure memberships
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Retail Discounts
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Please also note that from the 11th November 2021, it will be a requirement that anyone working in a CQC registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care to have received 2 doses of a Covid-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.