Our client is seeking a Business Development Executive to work within their Customer Contact team and be responsible for targeting and developing key accounts in conjunction with the externally based Regional Sales Manager (RSM). The Business Development Executive work a team with others making outbound calls to ensure the Company achieves its monthly sales targets and has opportunities in place to achieve its growth targets.
- Business Development Executive makes proactive outbound calls and follow up calls to the agreed target customer base, with a view to gaining a good understanding of the customers’ business and requirements.
- You will aid the customer contact coordinators in the handling of queries, issues and orders, this will include taking incoming calls and dealing with appropriately and in a professional manner.
- Build and maintain customer databases of the products, services and suppliers that are used by customers and potential customers.
- To analyse market information with your RSM and target key accounts to develop further sales opportunities.
- To provide acceptable levels of support and advice on the Group’s product range, requiring a sound base of knowledge on the products allowing accurate information to be communicated. You are also expected to build up a detailed knowledge of alternative products offered by our competitors.
- To provide customer quotes and prices, where necessary agreeing price structures in line with company policies and referring price queries to the RSMs where bulk purchase prices are required. In some circumstances price queries should be promptly referred to the RSM or contact centre manager.
- To maintain your product knowledge and sales skills to the required standard.
- The Business Development Executive will be upselling and cross selling the products / services.