Our Client are a Digital / Product Agency, looking for an energetic and dynamic Business Development Manager, who can develop and deliver a healthy lead generation programme, driving qualified leads into the sales pipeline.
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, an excellent communicator and can work well within a talented and driven sales and marketing team as well as being able to work on their own initiative. The successful candidate must firstly be able to show a proven track record of increasing leads and sales revenues, within the Digital Product Industry, and meeting or exceeding ambitious personal targets. Secondly, show they have the initiative to impact positive change to our lead generation and sales processes toadd value to our business.
This is a remote role with regular travel to one of the offices in Southampton or London required.
- Identify strong potential prospects using initiative and creativity, to generate outbound lead opportunities.
- Produce compelling, tailored and relevant outbound outreach programmes - using email, the phone and social media to develop relationships and secure meetings and opportunities with target clients.
- Deliver relevant, qualified opportunities for the sales team to meet with, briefing them in advance
- Take ownership of the lead generation strategy - and give direct feedback to the marketing team on the content you need to be able to better engage potential clients.
- Take ownership of the entire opportunity pipeline.
- Work with the sales team to ensure no opportunity gets forgotten, reporting back to the business on the progress of opportunities weekly.
- Stay ahead of what’s happening in the wider market, identifying potential client challenges and opportunities.
- Quickly follow up all our marketing campaign activity with tailored communications designed to unlock opportunities for the business.
- Manage, nurture and convert inbound leads into sales opportunities.
- Maintain well organised, up-to-date and accurate sales information and activity reports in HubSpot (our chosen CRM).
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role (ideally in a digital product consultancy or agency)
- A strong track record of delivering new business opportunities.
- Exceptional organisational skills with an ability to balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, presentation and creative writing skills.
- Feel confident holding conversations with prospects of all levels.
- Enthusiasm for marketing, digital/tech and strategy landscape.
- Willingness to embrace, learn and grow.
- Good call handling, phone manner and email writing skills.
- Good objection handling skills to develop continuously through prospecting.
- Hit high call rates to gather intel from prospects and unearth the right contacts you need to speak to.
- Have lengthy, intelligent conversations with prospects to gather market intelligence for sales team.
- Understand how to find additional contacts around a prospect’s business to unearth key decision makers.
- Excellent relationship building skills with your prospects appropriate for their requirements and time available.
- Immerse yourself in industry news and monitor the latest top stories that may be relevant to your prospects.
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Company Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
If this is the perfect opportunity for you, please apply today.