Elevation Recruitment Group are exclusively partnered with a highly-regulated manufacturing business in Leeds who are looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to join the business in a newly created role. The business are looking for someone who can lead the business in their aim to becoming a safer and more environmentally workplace.
This role will have a specific focus on the environmental side and therefore a HSE individual will need to demonstrate a passion and proven experience in gaining ISO14001 and improving a businesses processes.
This role will report into the Compliance Director of the business and will have support of a wider compliance team when it comes to ISO documentation but they need an individual to lead in engaging the workforce and driving a positive culture through being a visible presence around the site and delivering training.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Meeting with the management team to define EHS goals and objectives
* Setting and monitoring EHS KPI and EHS statistics for the company
* Establishing and chairing EHS committees to facilitate improvement
* Establishing suitable procedures and practices for EHS
* Implementing EHS protocols and measures to ensure compliance with regulations
* Obtaining and maintaining third party approval (e.g. ISO 14001, ISO 45001)
* Training employees on EHS policies and best practices
* Conducting inspections and identifying hazards and EHS violations
* Providing solutions and intervention strategies for EHS
* Monitoring operational processes and employee activities
* Generating assessment documentation, incident and accident reports
* Reporting to management and regulatory agencies
* Keeping abreast of the latest EHS trends, policies, regulations, and best practices
* Environmental, social and governance reporting
I'm keen to speak to individuals with the following skillset:
* Previous experience in a manufacturing company
* Qualification in environmental - degree, NEBOSH Environmental etc
* Detailed knowledge of regulations for both The Environment and Health and Safety
* The ability to read and interpret safety data sheets
* Proficiency in computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint