We are looking to recruit an Assistant Team Manager for the Child Assessment & Safeguarding Team (CAST) within the Social Care Industry. Our client has a well-structured and organised team that are looking to grow their staffing levels. The role offers flexible working hours and has a supportive team culture with regular supervision on cases. Hampshire County Council is embedding a systemic approach and is currently undergoing a number of changes focussed on reducing caseloads and improving outcomes for families. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and supportive team within Hampshire County Council
Main duties include:
- They will work with assessment - managing a team who are undertaking initial visits and assessment of need.
- Applicants should provide strong management oversight and support to improving the quality of social work practice and intervention whilst keeping the child at the centre.
- Experience of Undertaking Child and Family Assessments, S.47 inquiries and intervention and planning for 'Children in Need'
- Required to use professional knowledge to assess, monitor and review social care needs of individuals, relatives and carers and to arrange the provision of appropriate care services
- Must have significant knowledge, experience and specialist communication skills to gather information and make a full assessment of the risks, protection and social care needs of individuals, carers and families
- Must be capable of devising individual care plans based on needs and risks and take appropriate action, in conjunction with other agencies, to protect vulnerable people
- Required to manage an agreed case load, offer support and guidance and monitor, review and reassess care packages/services to ensure continued effectiveness. Must be able to use paper and computerised case recording systems, produce reports and capture and analyse information
- Some knowledge of care benefits, fees and allowances would be helpful
- Understand philosophies, professional social work issues and the legal framework underpinning care services
- Must be computer literate and have basic numeracy skills. Must be able to fulfil transport requirements
- Must possess good communication skills with ability to negotiate with services users
Benefits of Working with Hampshire County Council:
Our Client has free onsite parking with the opportunity for role progression and training for both perm and temporary staff within the authority. They offer a very competitive pay rate which exceeds most of the surrounding areas.
- SWE Registration
- 1-5 years post qualifying experience within the UK Social Care industry
- Enhanced DBS/CRB (we can obtain for you)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment industry where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss the vacancy further or any other opportunities we have in Hampshire please contact George Willett or email in your updated CV to us today.