We are currently recruiting for Machine Operators to work as part of an exciting, newly created factory in Kent and become some of the core members of the team, for what will ultimately become one of the best employers in the Kent region going forward.
Our client are backed by a large multinational business and are growing a new business unit in the UK. They have taken over a very large, state of the art factory space and invested heavily into new industry-leading machinery to produce their products.
You will get the chance to be involved in putting together the building blocks for the business and become a core part of the organisation moving forward - and whilst this may sound a little cliche, this is certainly one of those opportunities that doesn't come around often.
Some of the core responsibilities for the Machine Operator will involve:
- Carrying out pre-checks and cleaning tasks of the production line before production start-up
- Resolving any machine issues and carrying out basic engineering tasks to ensure lines are constantly running.
- Setting the machines and preparing any raw materials for production
- Replenishing packaging to the lines
- Maintaining the highest standards of health and safety at all times, whilst ensuring the hygiene of the equipment is kept in tact.
- Complete documentation and reporting any issues to Production Supervisor/Manager.
- Contribute to and help implement continuous improvement on the lines.
We are looking for a Machine Operator with the following background:
- Good, hands on experience working as a Machine Operator in an manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with machinery in a packaging, paper mill or corrugated business will be highly desirable.
- Basic understanding of engineering and able to carry out basic machine maintenance tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team and has strong communication skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Very health and safety conscious and able to work under to pressure to meet deadlines.
Hours of work - this will be a days based position working Monday-Friday.
Keywords: Machine Operator, Technical Operator, Machine Minder