Practice Manager ? Legal
Sheffield City Centre
Full Time, Permanent
£45,000 - £60,000 salary
Bhayani Recruitment are working in partnership with a legal firm who are specialists in their field to hire their next Practice Manager. This is a super opportunity for an individual who is looking to enhance their career. Legal experience would be beneficial, but it is not essential, good general business management is key.
The Practice Manager will work closely with the owners of the law firm with the running of the practice. You will be a well-seasoned leader who has the capability of leading and supporting high performance individuals as well as junior members of the team. It is vital that you are passionate about harnessing a positive working environment and enabling a culture where the team can perform at a high standard.
What will you be doing?
- Appraising and presentation of the current business position
- Preparation, presentation, and facilitation of company away days
- Ensuring actions arising from reviews are implemented as agreed
- Reviewing and reporting on the business performance against objectives
- Support the Directors in maintaining sustainable and profitable income streams including
- Supporting the existing agency clients with capacity updates and addressing any issues arising which may affect service levels
- Support the Directors in managing the business finance function including
- Producing monthly management reports on key financial indicators, supporting the Financial Controller as required
- Managing/oversight of the matter/case billing process, supporting the Billing Controller as required
- Ensuring financial compliance in accordance with the SRA accounts rules
- Work towards becoming the registered Compliance Officer for Financial Affairs (COFA)
- Overall responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the building including
- Management of the regular maintenance contracts for the building and sourcing of new equipment as needed
- Overall responsibility for the Health and Safety management of the business
- Ensuring that the business remains compliant with current legislation, completing risk assessments and implementing policies.
- Support the Directors in delivering compliant and effective HR management
- Working with the firm's HR/Employment law consultants on all aspects of the employee lifecycle including. HR policies, recruitment, retention, onboarding, performance management, disciplinary and grievance management
- Managing the development of the case management system in collaboration with third party suppliers and experts including IT subscriptions and renewals, procurement of new equipment and managing the firm?s website.
- Support the Directors in maintaining a high-quality service compliant with current regulations including SRA, ICO, LAA.
What experience are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level in a business and/or finance-related subject
- Experience in producing, interpreting, and presenting financial reports and analysis
- Experience in the implementation, advanced use of, or management of bespoke IT systems
- Experience in managing diverse and complex teams including high performing individuals
- Experience in mentoring and coaching apprentices, graduates, trainees or equivalent
- An understanding of GDPR and Data Protection regulations
- An understanding of the key aspects of Health and Safety legislation
- An understanding of the key aspects of Employment Law
- Financial Qualification (AAT/CIMA/ILFM) or equivalent
- Experienced in Practice Management or General Management
- Experienced in Client Care or Customer Services
- Experienced in managing in a regulated sector including regulatory audits.
What do you get in return?
- A generous salary between £45,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Free Parking
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 extra days for Christmas)
- 3% pension
- Annual company social events
Bhayani recruitment are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required.