I am currently recruiting for a Senior Private Rented Standards Officer to work at my client a leading local authority in Sheffield.
Your role will be to assist in progressing the backlog of housing disrepair cases and Mandatory HMO renewal applications that have built up due to recent government restrictions to prevent the spread of Covid.
You will manage your own time effectively with regards to carrying out inspections and then completing the assessments remotely.
Requirements of Job Role
- Carry out pre-licence HMO inspections, draw floor plans where necessary and assess conditions in compliance to licensing standards and HHSRS.
- Calculate the number of households or persons permitted under the HMO licence.
- Draft and issue HMO licences and licence conditions in compliance to local licensing standards and customer service targets.
- Liaise with applicants and consultees to ensure an understanding of licensing requirements has been understood
- Carry out administrative functions and maintain proper records in accordance with service and performance management requirements
- Carry out HMO compliance visits to ensure conditions attached to licences are being complied with.
- Address high risk hazards and non-compliance to licensing standards using the most appropriate form of intervention in accordance to the Councils Intervention & Enforcement Policy.
As the successful candidate you must be conversant with legislation as it relates to Housing and Housing Disrepair issues in the Private Rented Sector.
- You will also be HHSRS accredited and have experience in delivering on the range of enforcement interventions to secure compliance where necessary.
- Experience of being a qualified EHO with experience working in the field of Private Rented Housing Enforcement would be an advantage however having the relevant experience would be fine.
An attractive pay rate of £34 to £36 per hour is on offer and the hours are 37 per week.
Please apply today for the chance of an immediate interview.