REED are recruiting a Business Support Officer for Cafcass, Children and Families Court Advisory and Support Service (Poole).
This role is Temporary, full time with a potential to go Permanent - Remote working initially will be expected
Cafcass represents children in family court cases in England. They independently advise the family courts about what is safe for children and in their best interests, putting their needs, wishes and feelings first and making sure that children’s voices are heard at the heart of the family court setting.
In essence, their duty is to safeguard and promote the welfare of children going through the family justice system. The role of Business Support Officer is critial to the smooth running of the team and requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- To contribute to the effective and efficient management and progression of cases, providing administrative support to the local Family Court Advisors and Service Managers, including such areas as monitoring case progression, receiving referrals from the court or Cafcass Intake Team, creating updating and closing cases within ECMS, saving relevant documents, sending letters and information packs to service users, following up any missing information, telephone and reception duties, and other general administrative support as required.
- Post holders are expected to fully participate in local and corporate meetings as necessary
- To have an understanding of the commitment to safeguarding children within the organisation, and to support and contribute to organisational wide activities to meet statutory and professional responsibilities with regard to safeguarding children.
- Provide administrative support to ensure that relevant safeguarding checks have been completed where necessary and updated in ECMS.
- To work with the Cafcass Intake Team in ensuring timely electronic receipt of new applications for private law cases. Ensuring that electronic case files are set up and the work is allocated to the local Work to First Hearing Practitioner Team.
- Gather, check or verify information as required to ensure case details are accurately captured and recorded, alerting FCAs or Service Managers of missing information where necessary.
- Produce and send letters or other information to service users, utilising available templates. Examples include appointment letters and welcome packs.
Support to Achieve Effective Service Delivery
- To provide a comprehensive administrative support service to the team, including liaison with Court staff to monitor case progression, problem solving on a day to day basis, and provide administrative support to Service Managers and FCA colleagues as appropriate and needed including scheduling and booking of meetings and sending reminders.
- Receive and process or distribute information or incoming mail whether digital or in hardcopy. Provide support for sending physical mail if required.
- To draw up and maintain effective court duty and office duty rotas.
- To assist in the management of team resources e.g. booking systems for hire cars, training rooms and equipment etc.
- To ensure directories, lists and other information used by staff or supplied to service users are up-to-date and fit for purpose.
- To offer general IT support and assistance to new members of staff as part of the induction process.
- Minimum NVQ Level 2
Skills to be demonstrated
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to input onto databases accurately and in a timely manner
- Highly organised and able to work methodically and in line with relevant systems and procedures
- Able to competently use a wide range of Microsoft Office packagesparticularly in the areas of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent word processing skills and good comprehension of English language; able to write clearly including correct use of grammar
- Excellent listening and oral communication skills whether in person or by telephone
- Good level of numerical ability
- CV to be emailed to me with a cover email of why you are interested in the role.
- Once shortlisted you will be asked to complete a Skills and Accurancy Numerical Test
- If successful after Interview, REED will carry out full compliance checks (3 years reference, ETW and Enhanced DBS Check). Please note this process may take 3 - 4 weeks.