East Cambridgeshire District Council has an exciting opportunity for a Planning Officer to join the team.
Location: Ely, East Cambridgeshire
Salary: £27,041 - £35,745 p.a., plus benefits
East Cambridgeshire District Council’s positive and pro-active approach to development has resulted in a period of growth within the district. We are looking for a driven, systematic and dynamic Planning Officer to join their team on a permanent basis.
With a diverse range of buildings and projects in the District, including internationally renowned heritage and environmental assets, new industrial projects, a major extension to the north of Ely and retail proposals, there are wide-ranging areas of work to be enjoyed with this role. East Cambridgeshire is committed to growth, with a positive and pro-active approach to development. It is open for business with a strong customer focus.
Planning Officer – Key Responsibilities:
- You will be required to handle a variety of planning applications
- Progressing planning applications from the pre-application stage, through to completion
- Expected to visit sites, negotiate with applicants/agents, liaise with statutory bodies and other consultees, draft committee reports and make presentations for the Planning Committee, when necessary
Planning Officer – You:
- Educated to degree level or hold the equivalent of a planning qualification
- Planning experience and a proven track record of managing a significant caseload
- Due to the nature of the job permanent access to a car and a full driver’s licence is essential
The Council operates a career grade scheme for Planning Officers and the starting salary offered to the successful candidate will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Planning Officer – Benefits:
In return, the Council offers a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Childcare scheme
- Essential car user allowance (up to £1,239 p.a.)
- Training, development and payment of professional fees
- Occupational health programme
- Holidays, sickness and salary pension scheme entitlements
Closing date for completed applications is: 24th October 2021
Interviews will be held on: 4th & 5th November 2021
Please note that only candidates selected for interview will be contacted by the HR Department with the confirmation of an interview. If you have not been contacted by that date, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer.
To submit your application for this Planning Officer opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now to be redirected to our website.