Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Craig Y Parc School have an excellent opportunity to become a Flexi Bank Speech and Language Therapist to lead on service development initiatives and evidenced based practice around dysphagia management. You will clinically support other speech and language therapy colleagues at the school, lead on training specific to eating and drinking needs and work towards embedding practice amongst all school staff.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live.We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
You are a superhero to all the young people we support, making a difference in their lives every day. You overcome daily challenges to achieve a safe, stimulating and supportive educational experience for all our students, supporting the next generation to reach their full potential and helping them to achieve their greatest goals and aspirations.
* Assessing, producing and monitor dysphagia plans.
* implementing group and individual communication programmes in
* collaboration with the team and to be involved in associated planning and preparation and share expertise and knowledge.
* being responsible for the integration of the school’s communication strategy
* to enable pupils to access the whole curriculum.
* assessing, planning and implementing low and/or high AAC pathways for children who require a communication strategy
* developing and creating AAC resources, delegating to others as appropriate
* Assessment of communication and oral skills needs for group /groups of pupils
* Demonstrating and modelling good facilitation to support eating and drinking, communication and access to the curriculum.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker - you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
·Key Worker status
·Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
·Wagestream - our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
·Training/Qualification Opportunities – In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
·Internal progression opportunities - We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
·Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
·Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
·Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Due to the nature of our business the COVID 19 Vaccination is mandatory