At Ambito, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults, young people and children.
To manage a specialist caseload of students with complex learning, physical, emotional and sensory needs and/or challenging behaviour.
To contribute to the planning and delivery of a strategy promoting function and independence in pupils, to enable and support their learning.
To be responsible for the day to day implementation of agreed aims and programmes reflecting the multi-disciplinary ethos of the school.
• To implement group and individual independence programmes in collaboration with the other professionals and to be involved in associated planning and preparation and share their expertise and knowledge.
• To be a member of a team of staff meeting all the pupils’ needs
• To contribute to the development of the overall programme of the group.
• To be responsible for the integration of the school’s strategy for promoting function and independence; to enable pupils to access the whole curriculum, including oversight of related equipment.
• To take a key role in the assessment and implementation of seating solutions.
• To support in the assessing and planning of access routes to technology (switching, etc.).
• To write reports
• To contribute at Reviews and other relevant meetings and to liaise with parents/guardians and external medical services where necessary.
• To provide good standards of physical and emotional care.
• To provide intimate care.
• To ensure the physical environment is maintained to high standards of safety, hygiene and presentation.
• To share professional knowledge and participate in the staff training and development programme.
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably determined by the Principal
• To adhere to Salutem Values.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
Our Core Values
· We are Supportive by promoting opportunities for everyone so they can reach their full potential
· We are very Ambitious to provide the best possible outcomes for the people who use our services
· We are Loyal because we put the people that we support and our staff at the centre of everything we do, and we deliver on our promises. We also are committed to ensuring that our services are meeting the needs of all stakeholders
· We are Unique because we are ambitious and innovative about the diversity of the services that we provide without compromising quality
· We are Transparent by being open, honest and fostering a culture of mutual respect. We promote a culture where we learn by our experiences and we are committed to doing things better and setting the highest standards in what we do
· We are Engaging because we work in partnership with the people that we support, our staff and all our stakeholders
· We encourage everyone to experience a Meaningful life by being aspirational and by offering opportunities