We have opportunities for multiple full-time Residential Child Care Workers.
You will work as a team, building long lasting relationships with our children and young people. You will accompany our young people to and from school or college, facilitate family contact, create a warm and comforting environment, have fun and go on days out as well as shopping, cooking, cleaning and encouraging participation in local activities and hobbies.
Previous experience in Residential Child Care is beneficial, however there are many transferable skills for this role. You need to have a dedicated and resilient approach as well as an extremely caring and nurturing nature.
Essential Qualities that we look for include:
* A nurturing and caring nature,
* An engaging personality , allowing you to form non-judgemental relationships,
* An active and supportive listener,
* Deeply empathetic to every situation,
* A creative ability towards having fun and learning new skills,
* Highly responsible and accountable when it comes to safeguarding our children and young people,
* A resilient approach to the role,
* A willingness to learn and develop your skills and abilities,
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
Desirable Qualities include:
* One years' experience in child care or youth settings
* An SCQF Level 7 or Level 3 Diploma / relevant to Children and Young People's Residential workforce, or working towards.
* An interest in pursuing relevant Child Care qualifications,
* Familiar with the Codes of Practice set out by regulatory bodies, i.e. SSSC,
* An existing PVG / DBS certificate