A vacancy has arisen for a Contracts Manager to join the Installations team to support the increasing number of special project developments in the Southern area. The ideal candidate must live within the London M25 / Guildford / Crawley area.
The purpose of the role is to manage the installation process through to completion on fast moving, third party, high rise developments across the area.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Providing high levels of customer service.
* Ensure high levels of Health & Safety on site.
* Ensure sufficient levels of subcontract labour available to meet customer demands.
* Working effectively to achieve departmental KPI targets.
* Maximising profits through efficient working practices.
* Administration duties in accordance with the role.
* A professional manner and promotion of the company image.
* Ensure new sites are set up correctly by attending pre-order and site set up meetings as required.
* Set the standard on site by ensuring benchmark kitchens are fitted to the correct standards.
* Ensure the highest levels of fit quality are maintained by checking subcontract fitters work on a regular basis.
* Actively & professionally manage the resolution of any issues that arise on sites.
* Ensure adequate levels of subcontract labour resource are in place to cover forecasted plot volumes, including new fitter recruitment.
* Ensure customer programs are achieved by installing kitchens to the required schedule.
* Scheduling of fitters work and issuing of all relevant documentation to fitting teams through the Symphony fit management system.
* Assist with and drive the rollout of the Symphony Fitter App.
* Ensure fitting teams maintain all necessary qualifications and certifications, i.e. CSCS cards, SSSTS / SMSTS, Face fit certificates and the like.
* Manage Health & Safety of self and others at all times.
* Ensure works are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with the Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
* Auditing of sites and fitters during regular site visits.
* Exercise effective cost control using the Symphony authorisation code system and in line with KPI targets.
* Effective time management to ensure all aspects of the role, both on site and admin duties associated with the role are completed on time.
* Obtain all Practical Completion Certificates or Installation Report Forms in line with KPI targets.
* Investigate contra charges and provide reports back to the NIM as required.
* Liaise with the Business Development Managers, New Business Managers and Project Managers as required.
* Ensure all reports are returned to their line manager on time and correct.
* Close collaboration with Symphony Contracts Managers and Project Managers as required to ensure effective delivery of sites under your control.
* Keep up to date with procedures, products, and installation methods.
* Carry out duties in compliance with Company Policy.
In order to succeed in this role, you must be:
Able to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
Self-motivated and looking to progress in your career.
Able to manage multiple projects positively.
Able to work under pressure to maintain deadlines.
Personally presentable at all times.
You will also have:
Ideally a construction related qualification.
Knowledge of kitchen installations.
Excellent IT ability
Excellent organisational and time management skills
Understanding of health and safety – would suit IOSH, SMSTS, SSSTS.
A full driving licence.
Our client are a leading supplier of fitted kitchens and bedrooms for new build homes with a market share of over 50%. They supply leading housebuilders such as Barratt and Taylor Wimpey, as well as developers of inner city high rise projects and social housing providers. Their investment in the largest field based team in the industry, along with outstanding manufacturing capabilities, delivery process and after-sales service means they have built strong long-term relationships with their customers