We are currently looking for Animal Technicians to join the S3 team on a permanent basis, assisting our clients with their workload. If you are an animal technician looking to experience a variety of different work cultures, species or even want the flexibility that comes with joining a vibrant team such as S3, then do not hesitate to get in touch!
The main purpose of this role is to support daily animal husbandry and welfare within our client’s facilities, you may also be required to perform regulated procedures should you have your home office license.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* As a Personal Licensee under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, manage surgical and non-surgical experimental procedures within the authorities of Project Licences held at the establishment. Liaise with licensees to understand the requirements of their licences and studies
* Make observations, keep accurate records and store data in writing or electronically, as required
* Keep up-to-date with developments in animal technology; recommend and develop novel procedures as required
* Be a stellar example of an animal technician
* Carry out daily husbandry, care and welfare observations for all animals within the facility
* Contribute towards the general maintenance of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions in specific areas
* Use equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
* Assist with the duties in other areas of the Biological Resources Unit, as required