Industry: Specialist Process Automated Machinery
Key Skills: Hardware/Software Integration/Communication C#, C++, Structured Text, RS232/485,
Based out the outskirts of Cambridge, one of our amazing Technology manufacturing clients are seeking Control Software Engineer, to join their world-class engineering team. This business is known for its “people first” culture, which is demonstrated by the generous benefits package and business perks. They offer a world-class, dynamic and high tech working environment, excellent personal development opportunity, along with exposure to one of industry fours most cutting-edge technologies.
This company manufacture specialist automated process equipment that is used to automate manufacturing of components. Within this machinery, you will find sensors that record real-time data around things such as temperature and gases etc.
This person will primarily be tasked with development of software modules for automated systems, providing coding development and test modules that have been designed. This role will really focus on interfacing communication protocols between controllers and automated machinery.
* Integrate hardware & software, using C# or C++, or 61131 structured texts
* Develop PLC code via structured text (training offered)
* Interface RS232/485, I2C, Digital I/O, Network protocols: Modbus etc
* Source code control, revision, release, documentation, integration, and test
* Take ownership and lead full software development process from concept to completion
We are really looking for candidates that have excellent experience interfacing Hardware & Software through various communication processes & that have had exposure/experience working in high-tech R&D type environments.
Candidates should have a good number of years of Software/hardware interfacing experience, with some form of relevant technical academics (Computer Science, Software, Electronics etc etc), ideally at degree level however not essential.
* Hardware Integration Experience
* Experience or some exposure to PLC code development using structured text
* Experience with embedded systems desirable
* 30 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday (3 to be used over seasonal period)
* 12% Employer Pension Contribution | 4% Employee
* Life Assurance
* Income Protection
* Various other perks such as lunches and team events and incentives
* Excellent working hours, including early finish on Fridays