Our Client is looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join their team in their site in Stockport.
Primary Objectives of a Laboratory Assistant
* To assist in developing fabric coating formulations and measuring the resulting product's physical and mechanical performance.
* To ensure all development and testing work is fully documented in a clear and logical format.
* To assist in introducing new formulations, products, and procedures, on the coating and mixing plant.
* To assist with Q.C. systems and procedures within the laboratory and production department.
* To gain a detailed understanding of the systems and operational running of the dispensing and mixing department.
* To assist in the recording of production batch data in line with specifications.
* Assessment and testing of finished products with the Q.C. Manager.
* To monitor chemical stock inventory, storage requirements, and the safe storage of chemical products within the warehouse in collaboration with the Production Manager.
* To ensure an accurate and current database of chemical MSDS is maintained.
* To assist in training the correct and safe use of chemicals, mixing systems, and formulation.
* To undertake any other projects as defined by the General Manager.
* To ensure accurate and detailed records of all routine laboratory testing.
* Your workplace and the working area must be kept clean and tidy. You must adhere to the Company's Health and Safety standards as defined in the Health and Safety Policy.
* Perform within the requirements of your position and maintain the Company's Internal Quality procedures.
* Carry out any other duties as and when required by the General Manager. This may involve working in different departments or locations.
* Recognised qualification in textile chemistry, colour chemistry, or chemistry with experience in a textile manufacturing environment would be advantageous
* Evidence of strong analytical skills.
* Colour matching would be advantageous.
Days – 07:30-16:30 // 2 shift 06:00-14:00/13:45-22:00 (40 hour week plus 15 mins hand over per day)
28 days holiday inc. stat, rising by 1 day after completed the holiday calendar year.
Auto enrolled into the contributory pension
Free car parking
3 month probationary period
Life assurance x 1
Ideal candidate will be able top work days and rotating shifts