Excellent opportunity for a Contracts Manager with a main contractor to deliver Design & Build projects across the wider midlands area.
A well respected main contractor with strong financials who have a proven track record of delivering multi-million pound projects across the UK. Going forward their order book is full for 2021 with a very healthy outlook for 2022 and beyond.
The company has been established for many years and a high proportion of their workload is on a repeat basis which is testimony to the quality of project they deliver for their clients. Their core sectors of work include industrial, commercial, retail and student accommodation including both new build and refurbishment. Projects are typically Design & Build valued at £3 Million to £8 Million.
As a business they enjoy very good levels of staff retention and have an excellent reputation for investing in the training and development of their employees; they also have excellent routes for career progression for their staff including Contracts Managers.
The principle role of the Contracts Manager will be to oversee the delivery of up to 3 projects at any one time and will include:
* Involvement at pre-construction stage
* Managing Site Managers and Project Managers across multiple projects
* Ensuring strict adherence to Health & Safety policies and procedures
* Programming sequence of works to ensure timely delivery
* Chairing meetings
* Accurate record keeping, use of company IT systems and dissemination of information
* Client liaison
* Dealing with any design changes and issues throughout the project
* Working closely with Senior Quantity Surveyor to manage commercial and financial aspects of the project
* Working with and managing relationships with external suppliers, consultancies, local authorities, etc.
Required experience and qualifications
* Successful track record of overseeing multiple projects valued at £2 Million and upwards.
* Successful track of record of delivering projects from start to finish as Site or Project Manager prior to a successful career in Contracts Management
* Ideally qualified to HNC or degree level in a construction related discipline
In return for delivering the above our client can offer a competitive salary and benefits package, excellent career prospects and the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious projects in the region.
Construction Senior Talent and our partner clients are equal opportunities employers