Provectus Recruitment have partnered with a high-tech manufacturing business near Cambridge, that are leading the development and manufacture of specialist sensor-based instrumentation used for measurement of matter. This company work in a rapidly growing market, with a customer base that is spread across the world.
As the products enter the final stages of research & development, we seek a Manufacturing Engineer with an Electronics Engineering emphasis, that will be responsible delivering on NPI projects, as well as identifying and acting on areas for improvement. This person will bridge the gap between R&D and manufacturing & work with some exciting technology in a modern manufacturing environment.
In return for your skills, you will be offered a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic company, that will value and promote your skills, as well as encourage your personal development and expansion of your capabilities.
This role will be key in the development and release phase of all our clients’ products. There is a huge emphasis on Electronic Engineering, looking at current PCB designs & electronic components, working to improve, change or introduce new technology and/or ways of engineering.
You will find yourself getting your hands dirty with tooling, jigs & fixtures, as well as reviewing designs for manufacture and design for test.
Utilise your sound knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering principles to carry out continuous improvement to products, production processes, supply chain, quality, reliability, and cost.
* Carry out continuous improvement, to production & manufacturing processes
* Take, own, and deliver new products to Manufacture, following NPI processes from concept to completion
* Review designs for manufacture (DfM)
* Manage engineering change processes
* Devise tooling, jigs, fixtures
* Give manufacturing input on design reviews & key stages
* Create Electronics PCB manufacturing data packs and support PCB supplier issues
* Carry out product release to production
We are looking for someone that has a strong understanding of electronic components, as well as several years’ experience working in a manufacturing engineering role/environment.
We are seeking someone that has a pragmatic “Can-do” attitude, who can act autonomously and off their own forward-thinking initiative.
* Strong manufacturing engineering background, electronics, or high-tech engineering environment
* Thorough understanding of life cycle of developing and releasing a product into manufacture
* NPI, DfM understanding/experience
* Good understanding of electronic principles
* Pragmatic & forward thinking, able to make decisions and identify areas for improvement
* Well organised, able to manage several tasks at one time
* Excellent communication skills, able to communicate and influence different technical teams and external suppliers