Exciting opportunity for a Senior or Principal Design Engineer to work for a multi-disciplined company within the defence industry.
1. Do you have RF frequency design experience from 20MHz-6GHz, output powers up to 50-100Watts?
2. Are you able to design and have knowledge of PA’s, up/down convertors, filters and have RF system experience?
3. Do you meet the criteria to be SC cleared?
4. Are you happy to work within a rural location?
The role is to take a design concept or idea, produce the specification to match the overall system requirement and then take responsibility for that design through to production and provide on-going support.
* RF system architecture and circuit design
* Familiarity and experience with industry tools such as Cadence AWR Microwave office and Ansys HFSS
* Schematic Design and PCB layout (Altium)
* Provide support and input to the system design function
* Design linear high power wide band RF amplifiers up to 200 watts using e.g. GaN and LDMOS technology
* RF Simulation using large and small models
* Design of associated DC supplies including switch mode power supplies (SMPS) and DC sequencing circuitry for power amplifiers
* Design of filters
* LNA, down-converter and up-converter design
* Transmitter and receiver design
* Antenna Design
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a design role
* Attainment of SC clearance
* A working knowledge of analogue and digital electronics
* Proven track record of taking designs through prototype stage to production
* Practical hands-on approach with knowledge of bench tuning and RF measurement techniques
* Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and interdepartmental skills