The Purchase Ledger Clerk will report into the Purchase ledger Supervisor. Supplier invoices to be processed in a timely manner within payment terms, to build relationships with their suppliers and stakeholders, reconciling supplier accounts, managing supplier queries and keeping stakeholders updated with ongoing queries and other adhoc duties in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations; whilst complying with company policies and procedures, ensuring high level of stakeholder service is upheld at all times.
* Requesting payment authorisations.
* Logging and maintaining invoices
* Ensure invoices are approved online with the DOA.
* Investigating purchase ledger queries.
* Ensuring stakeholders are updated with on-going queries.
* Escalating any concerns to the Purchase Ledger Supervisors.
* Maintaining the accuracy of supplier details.
* Liaising with suppliers and building relationships.
* The ability to spot errors and discrepancies.
* Reconciling supplier statements/accounts.
* Suppliers maintenance
* Assisting with queries and reporting.
* Manage and work within multiple shared mailboxes ensuring all emails are dealt with and responded to within a reasonable time.
* Requesting copy invoices and statements from suppliers to keep accounts up to date.
* Work to agreed KPI's.
* Deal with accounts queries promptly and efficiently.
* Providing timely information to other members of the Accounts team and the wider firm.
* Personally, aligned with our core values and beliefs; care, honesty, open, driven and committed.
* The ability to work under pressure and prioritise work demands while keeping staff motivation high.
* Adaptable and strong organisational skills with ability to meet strict deadlines
* Minimum three years purchase ledger experience.
* Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate documentation and to file documents appropriately
* Ability to work effectively within a team.
* Prioritisation and organisational skills and able to work to deadlines
* Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
* PLC experience.
* Coldharbour experience.
The job description is subject to change as the role evolves