This is an exciting opportunity to develop a long term career as Asett Programme Manager will have overall responsibility for delivery of the Wholesale Asset Maintenance Programme, of this major International Utility company. This is a high-profile multi-million pound initiative aimed at transforming the approach to asset maintenance across the utility networks. The Programme Manager will lead definition of the company’s new proactive maintenance strategy and 3rd party development of condition-based task schedules, standard operating procedures and rollout of training to all operators. This in turn will have a significant impact on future asset resilience, positively impacting their customers.
The Programme Manager will have responsibility for all facets of the programme with the aim of delivering its target outcomes to time, quality and budget. The Programme Manager needs to be comfortable operating and presenting at the most senior levels of the organisation.
* Provide senior management sponsorship and leadership of the Asset Maintenance Programme.
* Lead effective and efficient delivery of the programme through a best-practice programme management framework.
* Establish and manage the right level of governance across the programme to ensure that outputs / outcomes are delivered on time, to quality and to budget necessitating effective stakeholder and risk / issue management.
* Own the business case and be responsible for overseeing delivery of forecasted benefits (financial & non-financial).
* Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are recorded, monitored and proactively managed / mitigated to minimise disruption to successful delivery.
* Develop scenario analysis to enable evidence-based decision making about risks and opportunities.
* Build effective cross-functional relationships at all levels across the organisation with the ability to successfully work with and influence stakeholders not directly under their control – e.g., supply chain delivery partners.
* Mentor and coach individuals and teams to ensure effective implementation of the delivery approach.
* Manage and run Steering Groups and input to Programme Review Boards.
* Deliver an effective and timely schedule of project communications, liaising with the relevant internal sponsors and stakeholders.
* Produce papers, presentations and updates for Programme Review Boards, the Executive Leadership
Skills of the Programme Manager
* A track record of programme management within complex delivery environments (ideally infrastructure), along with experience across a range of functions.
* Excellent people leadership and management competencies, particularly in a matrix structure.
* A strategic thinker with significant commercial and financial acumen.
* Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills.
* An effective communicator, both orally and through written presentations.
* University degree (under and / or postgraduate); an engineering degree would be advantageous.
* Project / programme management qualifications:
* PRINCE2/ APM/ NEC /Lean Six Sigma / Managing Successful Programmes.
* Experience of working in an asset maintenance environment.
* An understanding of regulated utility environments.
if you’re looking for an interesting and varied career, apply today