Shire are now working in partnership with a leading provider of children services and have a permanent opportunity for a Residential Children's Worker based in Whitstable, Kent. Our client is offering applicants a full-time position, 40 hours per week within a unique therapeutic service. Please note this role will include sleep-ins, this will be paid on top of your hourly rate.
If successful, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing support to children with learning disabilities and complex care needs. within a children's home. Having previous experience of supporting adults or children with learning disabilities would be an advantage. If you are looking for a genuine supportive employer please get in touch!
As a Residential Children's Worker your responsibilities will include:
* Providing support with reference to person centred support plans.
* Support service users to maintain and develop relationships with friends and family.
* Encourage service users to integrate with the local community by attending clubs or day centres.
* Support people in all aspects of their daily living
* Safeguard vulnerable children and report any suspicion or evidence of harm
* Respect the confidentiality of information received at all times.
* Continuous commit to professional development
* To be willing to cover other homes when required
* Liaise with parents and/or carers and other professionals
Our client is offering a whole range of benefits, including:
* Enhanced overtime rate plus 28 days annual leave
* Enhanced disclosure costs
* Free Parking
* Comfortable sleeping-in facilities
* Committed to the continuous development of all staff
* Paid enrolment onto NVQ level 3
For more information about this vacancy please apply now!