We are looking for a highly competent UK EHS Lead (Offshore) to join a leading provider of maintenance and integrity services to the oil & gas sector.
Reporting into the UK Health & Safety Director.
Note: This is a 'hands-on' role therefore would suit someone who is keen to be out in the field talking to the team / clients. Requirement to travel to various UK sites therefore flexibility is required. Due to the nature of the role, we can consider different base locations within the UK.
Highly competitive salary + car package available.
* To assist in compiling Procedures and Systems to keep the Company at the forefront of Environmental, Health and Safety leadership.
* To assist in identifying training requirements and compiling training programmes to enable operational and support service personnel to fulfil their obligations in establishing and maintaining compliance to legislative requirements.
* To provide assistance, support and guidance to the UK operational units to establish and maintain compliance to Company and legislative requirements.
* To ensure the environmental, health, safety and welfare of personnel is maintained and that the local business unit operations are adhering to UK and Corporate Systems and Procedures.
* To drive Company Health and Safety towards accreditation to ISO 18001/45001
* To review and adapt Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems to ensure compliance with UK legislative requirements and best practices.
* To ensure compliance to Environmental, Health and Safety Procedures through auditing and inspection.
* Advise the business of better practices within the environmental, health and safety field and identify the means of achieving these better practices.
* To monitor the environmental, health and safety performance of the local business operations through auditing and inspection.
* Report to local business Management the environmental, health and safety performance results and give advice and guidance to ensure continuous improvements are made to ensure the health and safety of Company and third party personnel is maintained.
* Design and deliver focused training and support material to advise on safe systems of work and current best practice to ensure the health, safety and welfare of UK Region, employees and others who may be affected by Company activities.
* Advise UK Region, management of relevant changes to legislation and Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP’s) and actions required to implement changes.
* Make frequent visits to local sites and branches to inspect and provide solutions to problems and audit to ascertain compliance with the safety, health and environment management system.
* Champion the UK safety, health and environment management system and safe working practices to help support and develop effective working relationships.
* Ensure that each site team is supported and given the opportunity to meet business targets.
* Oversee the management and development of site teams. Ensure high levels of motivation and performance.
Key Requirements & Qualifications:
* A working knowledge of safety, health and environment legislation relevant to UK construction activities, preferably within the industrial services and/or commercial sectors.
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Health and Safety Management.
* Chartered Membership of IOSH or working towards it