Provectus Recruitment are currently partnered with a leading manufacturing organisation in Peterborough, that design & manufacture large-scale mechanical machinery, used for a range of processes associated with power generation.
As this business is in the energy sector, it remains largely unaffected by the current pandemic, thus we are looking to strengthen the Applications Engineering function to support growth.
Working closely with design, quality, project management and supply chain, you will be responsible for reviewing customer enquiries, identifying key technical criteria & then using this information to select and offer relevant equipment/solutions.
* Review machinery enquiries, identify technical/commercial criteria for the order
* Select the appropriate equipment.
* Deal with and own the costing process for material, labour etc.
* Work with sub-assembly manufacturers on orders for ancillary equipment
* Evaluate all quotations and select vendors.
* Prepare detailed technical tenders for equipment.
* Support sales with technical clarification
* Oversee drawings, ensuring technical compliance with the bid
We are seeking candidates that have several years working in an Applications or Technical Proposals type position, with a solid background and understanding of Mechanical Engineering.
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills and ability to network, interact and support customers at all levels, maintaining optimum level of professionalism at all times.
* Understanding of applications engineering process around machinery/rotating equipment
* Versed with quoting, proposals & tendering process.
* Confident with their technical ability, able to offer technical advice and back it up with evidence