Here at S3 Discovery, we are proud to be collaborating with an innovative Tissue-Engineering start-up company, who have seen significant growth through 2020. We are recruiting Biochemical Engineers to join our client’s Bioengineering department to drive forward their up-scaling efforts, achieving their goal’s as being one of the industry leaders in their field. This is a full time permanent position with excellent salary bandings on offer.
As a Biochemical Engineer in the Bioprocessing team, you will be tasked with developing the manufacturing process to produce tissue at large-scale. Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
* Design, build and operate bioreactor technology at the bench-scale to enable efficient expansion and differentiation of stem cell cultures
* Develop and implement enabling technologies that facilitate bioprocess automation, monitoring and control
* Design, plan, and execute R&D experiments that optimise unit operations and develop the over-arching bioprocess (from raw materials to final product), ensuring that deliverables are successfully met within timeline
* Analyse, summarise, record, and communicate experimental results
* Document research findings clearly in an electronic lab book
* Along with team members, provide routine laboratory maintenance, including participating in equipment upkeep, cleaning rotas and laboratory consumables stock management
The successful candidate for the Biochemical Engineer role will have the following skills and experience:
* Two or more years’ experience in upstream bioprocess development in an industrial or academic setting.
* Masters of PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology or other related field
* Experience in designing, developing and operating bioreactors.
* Substantial experience in aseptic cell culture, ideally with stem cells.
* Experience with adherent cell cultures is highly desirable
* Experience with statistical software and DoE (design of experiments).
* Appreciation of Quality by Design principles.
* Ability to develop mechanical designs, PFD, P&IDs, HAZOP and SOPs.
* Experience with CAD (e.g. Autodesk) and CFD (e.g. Ansys Fluent) software packages.
* Ability to use a programming language (e.g. MATLAB, R) would be a bonus