Hours: Monday to Thursday (Apply online only)) Friday (Apply online only))
Long term opportunity after 3 month probationary period
Salary negotiable dependent on qualification and experience
Benefits: on-site parking, basic healthcare plan, 20 days holiday & bank holidays, overtime
About Us: We are a market specialist in the design and manufacture of both standard and bespoke playground equipment and stainless steel slides.
Due to ongoing success, we require a time served welder with experience of working with both mild and stainless steel, using MIG, TIG and Stick. All works are made to specification for public parks, commercial business installations and some private design and build work.
* To work independently and as a team to produce high quality bespoke fabrication from detailed drawings.
* To inspect your own work, attention to detail, maintaining a high standard at all times whilst meeting deadlines.
* Ensure that health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to with safe and robust work practices
* Record the usage of all materials used and record times
* Ensure that finished goods have reached practical completion
* Essential to have stainless steel TIG welding experience to a good standard
* Ability to weld using the MIG and TIG process
* Previous experience of working with thin walled material to produce a showroom type finish
* Able to work to engineering drawings
* Apprenticeship/NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent)
* Minimum of 5 years industry experience
* Good communication skills
* Impeccable timekeeping
* Jig design and production run set up an advantage
* Experience of finishing stainless steel an advantage
* General workshop machinery experience, including bending, section rolling, tube forming, overhead crane, FLT
All applicants must be able to provide references and be eligible to work in the UK.
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career path and you are looking to join a thriving company, send a CV with covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for this particular role